• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Slooooooow instrument loading...

Share/Bookmark

Slooooooow instrument loading...

Since I upgraded to Kontakt ver. 1.5.3, instruments load extremely slowly. It is aggravating!

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I roll back to the previous version?

Thanks in advance,

Larry A.

Thumbs down Re: Slooooooow instrument loading...

Larry,

You're not alone... This update has doubled the amount of time needed to load my sample set! I quickly reverted back to my previous version... which works fine for me. Very disappointing...

Re: Slooooooow instrument loading...

I gotta say Kontakt, and Kompakt are utter pains in the asses.

Case in point: DFH 2 - Unbelievable. I'm running v-stack a smoking audio focussed, custom PC... and aside from the programs sometimes taking an efrickingternity to load, the streaming is really tempermental (Read: SUCKS @$$); NI has specific advice to streaming which people should be aware of.

Gimme giga, thanks. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JWB
    Larry,

You're not alone... This update has doubled the amount of time needed to load my sample set! I quickly reverted back to my previous version... which works fine for me. Very disappointing...
    What would be the easiest way for me to revert to a previous version?

Maybe the company will offer us an update to correct the slow loading problem. (?)

I'm running Windows XP. Should I just go back in time to a "restore point" before I did the upgrade to version 1.5.3?

Thanks for your help.

Larry A.

Larry,

Yeah I make it a point to set a restore point in XP before I add or upgrade any new software. In this case however I first uninstalled 1.5.3, cleared the registry of any "kontakt" items and then restored to my original XP configuration. Worked perfectly! You might try that...

I know a lot of sites will tell you to disable "System Restore" for resource purposes, but this is one Microsoft app I can't do without...

And yes, NI will probably get out the 1.5.3.1 version soon as a lot of different problems are occurring with this new patch. Go here, click on Kontakt and join the fun!

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=forum_us

Good Luck,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JWB
    Larry,

Yeah I make it a point to set a restore point in XP before I add or upgrade any new software. In this case however I first uninstalled 1.5.3, cleared the registry of any "kontakt" items and then restored to my original XP configuration. Worked perfectly! You might try that...

Good Luck,
    Jon
    I will try your suggestions.

Thanks and regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry,

Found a fix...

Try turning off the the Lock Memory (no swap) in the options menu. Some other people were having this same problem and apparently this sped things up considerably. It worked for me!

Jon

As mentioned above, turn off the Lock Memory option. It will then load at the correct speed. This option causes samples to take 5 - 10 times longer to load!

Thanks everyone. I hope that does the trick.

Regards,

Larry A.

I have the latest Kontakt but I don't find a "Lock Memory" choice in the options menu. Where is it? How do I access it?

Thanks,

Larry A.

Go Back to forum