• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Halion Released

Share/Bookmark

Halion Released

Looks like it got out before GS3, Definitely must have a look at this.

http://www.steinberg.net/Steinberg/C...10&Langue_ID=7

Re: Halion Released

It looks really impressive. I am going to buy it for my primary PC and run GS3 on a 2nd PC, when I get around to building it.

Everyone should take a look at this video Steinberg has up on the features:

http://www.steinberg.net/docloader_s...D=7&loc=doc238

I can't wait. BTW the student version is only $199.00 at www.academicsuperstore.com
    Edward W. Trevino
    Dandlewood Productions
    www.dandlewood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christo7
    Looks like it got out before GS3, Definitely must have a look at this.

http://www.steinberg.net/Steinberg/C...10&Langue_ID=7
    Out before GS3? Well that's a shock! I'm sure light speed space travel will be out before GS3 too.

Exactly Hasen! Perfect example as to why I'm probably going to go H3. I'm going to stand back and wait until the dust clears to decide if it's worth my while to upgrade. Tascam does, after all have terrible Cust svc. and they are also known for their lack of patches, SLOW! so I think I'll wait.

Arrow Re: Halion Released

A while back I added HALion 2 to my studio, expecting to run it and GigaStudio side-by-side for a while in transition. After about a week, I was using HALion 2 exclusively and had sold my GS 2.5 seat on eBay. Things have never been as smooth in my studio. Now that HALion 3 has the ability to open multiple windows for efficiency in editing, I think we'll start seeing a lot of libraries coming out native to this platform. The internal effects and deft programming should continue to turn heads in the development community. Having VSL port to HALion and Kontakt is a big "thumbs up" for VST-based samplers.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

I couldn't agree more, and as you said, with increased support from the developers it looks as if Halion is set to take off big time. This definitely will make a huge difference in my studio as I really don't want to to go the GS3 route anymore.

Thanks also Houston for the tip on "Halion unleashed" along with H3 this should get me up to speed quickly.

Question Re: Halion Released

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    A while back I added HALion 2 to my studio, expecting to run it and GigaStudio side-by-side for a while in transition. After about a week, I was using HALion 2 exclusively and had sold my GS 2.5 seat on eBay. Things have never been as smooth in my studio. Now that HALion 3 has the ability to open multiple windows for efficiency in editing, I think we'll start seeing a lot of libraries coming out native to this platform. The internal effects and deft programming should continue to turn heads in the development community. Having VSL port to HALion and Kontakt is a big "thumbs up" for VST-based samplers.
    So HH You say that there will be a Hal3 version of VSL (which part of it and when)?

Horizons too ? opus maybe ?

Post Re: Halion Released

I'm not sure, beyond the terse comments from the head honcho on the VSL forum. There's a PDF flyer in the HALion3 documentation folder, so I'm assuming that they're going to push forward on all fronts.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Hasen
    I'm sure light speed space travel will be out before GS3 too.
    Wanna bet on that...
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Angry Re: Halion Released

So WHERE is the link for ACTUALLY ordering it (as opposed to reading about it being "released and available")???

You'd think that page on "Steinberg’s HALion 3 now shipping worldwide" would have link, but NO! Duh! If it is "shipping" then the silly "pre order" button should now be "Order" and/or "Order Your Update"!

imho this is really stupid marketing!

KFT

Go Back to forum