• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio 32 - pah - what a joke Tascam!!!

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio 32 - pah - what a joke Tascam!!!

Pathetic to see that all Tascam can offer at NAMM is a cut-down version of gigastudio... I\'m seriously considering moving to Halion and checking out... it may not be quite there yet, but boy is it nicely integrated into cubase etc.
    Unless Tascam actually show that they\'ve developed the software into the next generation in the next couple of months, this is the way I\'m going to go... especially with steinberg\'s new networking software which will allow me multiple instances of halion/cubase on other machines...

Re: Gigastudio 32 - pah - what a joke Tascam!!!

Greetings Paynterr,

Now that TASCAM are no longer supporting GigaSampler, GigaStudio 32 is the equivalent of GigaSampler LE. At least, that\'s how I read the situation

Not a bad bit of gear if you get it bundled with your soundcard, but drastically limited in its functionality. No capture to wave and only two output ports.

I wonder if we GS LE users will be offered a free copy of GSt 32?

------------------
    BluesMeister

Folks,

As BluesMeister stated GigaStudio 32 is the equivalent of GigaSampler LE and is a cheap introductory version of the program to get get folks familiar with the product. At $99 bucks it\'s a jammin\' deal, especially if it came for FREE in a soundcard bundle.

B.T.W. GigaStudio 32 will do a \"capture to .wav.\" I\'ve seen it with my own eyes.

\"... I\'m seriously considering moving to Halion and checking out... it may not be quite there yet, but boy is it nicely integrated into cubase etc.\"

GigaStudio co-exists quite well with Cubase. The hard disk streaming technology Giga uses does not allow for it to act as a VST plug-in. If you want the sound quality Giga offers you have to make the proper considerations in your system and the way you work. If you understand the way the technology works it becomes obvious why Giga couldn\'t act as a Cubase plug-in.

\"Unless Tascam actually show that they\'ve developed the software into the next generation in the next couple of months, this is the way I\'m going to go...\"

Not to worry. It takes time to develop things of this nature. Tascam continues to be working with the good folks who developed the program and I assure you there are big plans in the GigaFuture. I cannot confirm wether or not we will meet your \"next couple of months\" deadline and if you can\'t wait any longer there is nothing we can do about it. Keep an eye on our website for any breaking news. I\'m not sure if you have noticed but trade shows seem to be the stage in which new products are released.

If you feel Halion is suits your needs, go for it. It\'s not the same technology and performance wise ain\'t even close.

Thanks for lending your ears,

Allen
    CustSer3@tascam.com

[This message has been edited by allen at tascam (edited 01-29-2002).]

Allen,

At the time of writing my previous post I wasn\'t aware that GSt 32 would capture to wave. I subsequently read elsewhere that it would. Major kudos to TASCAM for that!

I\'m sure there would be a large number of Gigafans who would like to record guitar along with sampled piano/bass/drums backing (at least I would!) so the need for multiple outputs may not be an absolute priority. Basically we would need a product that would allow, say 5 sampled instrument channels and 5 audio channels.

Anything in the pipeline at TASCAM remotely similar to this?

------------------
    BluesMeister

Go Back to forum