• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is 1.5.3 causing this problem with anyone?

Share/Bookmark

Is 1.5.3 causing this problem with anyone?

Hi there,

If anyone has any ideas on this. Recorded a session the other day, came back today and my SX computer (with Kontakt) is not synching up to 2 other giga computers.

In addition, on Kontakt - I am getting about a 90 ms latency on any note I hit on my keyboard controller. I can’t remember if I had the new update 1.5.3 on this machine before this session (session went well).

I have a RME 53/96 Hammerfall card. I have 2 giga puters link via lightpipe to this SX computer with the RME (a third pair of ligthpipe cables is for the Tango converter). Interestingly enough the ADAT 3 (one of the giga puters) is showing “lock” now and not “sync” like the other two ADAT inputs.

In summary - two problems:

1. Playing any note on my keyboard controller on a Kontakt patch and I get a 90 ms delay. (never has happened before)

2. My RME card is not syncing up with one of the two giga's (it is also play at different sample rate on that giga.)

Any ideas from any one??

Many thanks.

Rob

(been using this system for some time now).

Any ideas from any one??

Many thanks.

Rob

(been using this system for some time now).

Re: Is 1.5.3 causing this problem with anyone?

Ok - I have the two giga's sync'd up fine now, but I still cannot reduce the latency on any Kontakt patch running as a VST within SX. Any ideas??

Many thanks.

Rob

OK - this is really getting weird!!! I opened my template project (with Kontakt running as a VST and two instances as I always have) - it has NO latency. Just this project in question!!!!

Whoever has SX running with Kontakt - can you help. Could I export these two midi tracks and on audio (voice) to the 'template' project as a work around? Or is their a fix for this latency within Kontakt???

Pullin my locs out on this one.

Rob

Have it figured out hopefully this will help someone else. Since I go back and forth from 44 to 48K (artist to film projects) I bet it had something to do with that. In Sx go to Multitrack and 'reset all' - that fixes it.

Rob

Go Back to forum