• Register
  • Help

Topic: InGPO, How would I;

Share/Bookmark

InGPO, How would I;

Say I want to play a 16 count note, (in 4), and I would like to play smoothly for the first 3/4 of the duration, and at this point, add one of the tremolos carried thru to the end..and halfway thru this, retard the timing of the tremolo progressively to nil..... how could I best perform this?

thanks

Cool Re: InGPO, How would I;

I don't think that you could do the last part with a KS instrument. If I *had* to do what you describe, I'd cross-fade between a sustained note and the standard tremelo, then to get the slowing of the tremelo that you want, I would use a short-bow instrument and cross-fade into it and "play" the slow-down that you want (and/or tweak it in the "piano roll" edit of your favorite sequencer).

i hope this helps ... i can't think of any way of doing it in one pass ... Kev

Re: InGPO, How would I;

That's exactly the technique that I'd use... the crossfade might not be seamless, but douse it with a liberal dose of vibrato and EQ and it might just work. Will this effect be exposed, or in the background?

Kevin, I notice you're using a laptop with the Firewire 410 card. I've been looking into this interface, but I've heard it has driver issues... Is it any good? Do you do any multitrack recording with it?

chris.

Re: InGPO, How would I;

Great, my Guru-fellowGPOers!
    That does resemble a thing that I saw flash by my mind at some time... I will so gladly utilize that information, and I will try to conjure another question to grab your ideas from you about articulating GPO and as many unheardof as well as all those heard-of too, of course.... I hope to fully harness this gift from the world of physics, nature, God, Gary, and everybody else who works hard at information transportation, as well as just everybody who is trying, period!! thats qualifications for my "show"... an honest effort... what more could one ask? what more is there?

(I really do thank you, for your genuine, and sincere responses)

edit; I 'd like to ask;is this

{Will this effect be exposed, or in the background?}

to me? if so, actually a blend of both, um... its for my form in playing, more than for a certain, specific piece. I truly appreciate your thoughts , very useful.

Go Back to forum