• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anybody using MOTU hardware with Kontakt under Windows?

Share/Bookmark

Anybody using MOTU hardware with Kontakt under Windows?

Hi-

I'm going to be running Kontakt on a PC as a supplemental sampler to complement Logic/EXS24 on my Mac system. Is anybody using Kontakt under Windows with a PCI-324 card and external unit such as a 2408? MOTU's Mac over Windows orientation has been long debated, but I'd like to hear some real-world experiences with the latest drivers. Thanks.

Re: Anybody using MOTU hardware with Kontakt under Windows?

Hello Sean,
    I have no experience with the 324 card. However, I am using a 2408mkIII(424 card) on a Windows XP Pro machine and it has performed wonderfully with very low latency. I would highly recommend MOTU with Windows now. A couple of years back their drivers were a little shaky, but they seem to have addressed the issue fully. I can give you reference of how my machine was built and optimized if you want, but my number one recommendation is that your computer is souly dedicated for music production only. My composition machine isn't even internet ready. I download updates on the machine I am using now and burn a cd for the comp. machine. It is kind of a pain, but I have never had the problems that most people list with their DAW's. I hope this helps.

Take care

Re: Anybody using MOTU hardware with Kontakt under Windows?

Great! Good to hear that MOTU got their Windows act together. I suspected they had, since I stopped seeing the consistent, frustrated rants appearing in the forums.

Go Back to forum