• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does Kontakt have a capture to WAV feature?

Share/Bookmark

Does Kontakt have a capture to WAV feature?

I have received my updates recently, and everything is working fine. The only problem I seem to have is recording.
    I tried to record a piano piece, and no audio was going through my recording software.
    I use Finale to play the music, and I tried Sound Forge to record, but no audio showed up on the recorder.
    I like how Gigastudio has the capture to WAV feature, I was hoping that there is an easy way to make my recordings using Kontakt. I have done this before, but nothing is showing up in Sound Forge now.
    I have the M-Audio audophile card. I tried using that router, and nothing happened.

Re: Does Kontakt have a capture to WAV feature?

You don\'t have to use real-time capture to wav like GigaStudio. That\'s takes forever.

In Kontakt you can use the Bounce function which bounces the midi info to an audio track in seconds.

I can show you how to do it in Sonar, but I\'m not sure that will help you:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/rbrowne/bounce.html

If you\'re using dial-up, this may take some time to load, although it\'s silent. It should be self-explanatory.

Esperlad,

the \"Bounce\" feature is a dream and it works flawlessly as a DXI in Sonar 3.0 Producer with v1.51 of Kontakt. Why wait 80 minutes for 8 Kontakt tracks used as a DXI for a piece that is 10 minutes long when you can render each track in seconds. (best guess - 8 tracks as above in 2 minutes-render time)
    Capturing to wave is a wait forever, coffee break inconvenience IMHO..

Alan Russell

This sounds good, except I don\'t have Sonar. I\'m running windows 2000, Finale, and Kontakt.

I will look into it and Cubebase.

Is it easy to set up Kontakt as a VST? The function is clear when the program is being installed, but whatabout later?

What options do I have until I get a sequencer?

Esperlad,

If you can sprint for Sonar 3.0 Producer, your scoring tasks will be easier. Sonar 3.0 does offer VST and DXI for Kontakt..

Stay in touch..

Alan Russell

I notice in the tutorial that a creative asio card is (or seems to be) used. Does anyone know if Audigy platinum ex (supposedly with asio 2 driver) works with Kontakt and Sonar?

Also, can Audigy plat ex sit in the same computer as the Audiophile 24/96? Assuming of course that they would be used at different times, not simultaneously.

J.Grant

I\'m currently using an Audigy since my other card got fried. It works flawlessly.

Hi all,

As far as the bounce feature in Kontakt v1.5x using Sonar 3.0 Producer, you might want to consider not pressing the bounce tab to see if you get a cleaner bounce. Sometimes an echo at the end of the midi track as the bounce becomes completed may occur. Keep the preset buffer at 384. The higher you go, it may fail in completing the bounce..forcing you to start over again..

My personal observation to share..

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum