• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio and Turning Off Ambience Reverb

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio and Turning Off Ambience Reverb

Hello Everybody,

I am using Sibelius and am using GPO Studio with it. Everything works fine, but I find the Ambience reverb a CPU hog. I realize that I can turn the CPU quality down, but I was wondering if there were other alternatives (turning it off and using another reverb, etc.)

Anybody out there with experience with GPO studio and alternative reverb schemes?

Thanks!
    Gary Young

Re: GPO Studio and Turning Off Ambience Reverb

As far as I know, the only way to turn Ambience off in GPOStudio is to turn the wet slider all the way down, but I don't think that would affect any difference with the CPU.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Gary, in the newest version of Studio (version 1.2) there is an option to disable the Ambience Reverb plugin by way of a 'bypass' button. It seems that version 1.2 is still in beta (although I've had it quite a while now and I don't know why.) Anyway, Mr. Garritan may be able to shed some lite on when this newer version will be availabe for download (maybe with the newest player update.)

Edit: FYI, the disable button does save CPU usage as it disables the plugin. As a interim fix, you can turn the wet slider all the way down and the dry all the way up and make sure you set the quality nob to zero. This will not disable all CPU usage incurred by the plugin but it will save some CPU.

Smile Re: GPO Studio and Turning Off Ambience Reverb

Thanks for your help everybody! I like to do my writing with a notation package (call me old fashion) and export the midi file to a sequencer for audio manipulation.
    Gary Young

In version 1.2 you can turn off the Ambience plug - we should be posting that soon.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum