• Register
  • Help

Topic: Web Hosting companies...

Web Hosting companies...

sponsored links

Does any one know of a good web hosting company that offers secure transactions/shopping carts, high storage capacity, and high bandwidth? I
    am working on getting a charity organization started to sell music through, but need to know what host would best serve my needs.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Web Hosting companies...

I would highly recommend www.asmallorange.com. Their web packages offer VERY competitive pricing, based solely on the storage space used, traffic is very generous and features are unlimited. For a small extra fee, they offer secure services and credit card processing, etc...

Check out their support forums. You can register an account even if you are not a member yet, and they have a section where prospective customers can ask questions about their services.

I have one page that I host with them and I love it. When my other page's hosting service is due for renewal, I am going to transfer it to A Small Orange as well.
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Thanks Brian...

The Small Orange has a referal service where you can get a free month of hosting for referring me. Would you like me to add your name if I decide to go with them? It seems like a very good company

You have a private message waiting for you.
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

I can suggest you http://www.powweb.com. My website http://www.voxengo.com/ is hosted there for more than a year.

I was not able to find a better solution, at least for my needs and my experience. The only issue they have is rare MySQL database downtime. But I believe that's the common problem among all shared hosting solutions (I'm hosting my other site with another provider and this problem persists). Only dedicated solutions in the range $100/mo can offer no database downtime.

So, with powweb.com you get a free SSL address (it's a pity, but its address differs from your main address) and 5 free MySQL databases. Maybe it is possible to install your own SSL certificate and have a normal address, but I have not checked this possibility out.

Go Back to forum