• Register
  • Help

Topic: Despite the heated political discussions...

Share/Bookmark

Despite the heated political discussions...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I just wanted to say that despite the heated political discussions, it is amazing to me that we ALL have one thing in common that we come together about on this board. The love of music. So...without out breaking out into a big sappy round of group hugs...I just wanted to remind folks of that. Cheers to the "Off-Topic" discussions.

Now...I still think Nick believes in some nutty theories...but that is for another thread.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Re: Despite the heated political discussions...

Brian, I just checked out your website a few minutes ago and man, I'm impressed. Did you hire out the design or was that something you did yourself. Nice! I'd really like to know who designed your song player, very convincing for something done in Flash. Very professional. Consider this a pat on the back rather than a hug.

Thanks Joseph. Very nice of you. I had a good friend of mine design the artwork for my site. He is a graphic design artist I went to school with at Arizona a while back (and he is a horn player as well...so he knows the ins and outs of music). His specialty is the art work (which was all hand drawn) and the flash stuff like the front page. His name is N.C. Winters. www.ncwinters.com

N.C. is currently living in New Jersey, but says it is too cold and he may move back the west coast area as soon as he can. I am sure he is for hire for others who like his style as well.

The rest of the site I am able to maintain myself so far. The flash player was not N.C.'s though. That is called the wimpy player. www.wimpyplayer.com . The license to use the wimpy flash MP3 player is relatively cheap. I like it because I don't have to worry about putting MP3s out there for people to download and keep. (And yet, it is an MP3 that is being streamed in flash in the background). So, it is easy to upload new MP3s to the appropriate folder via ftp, and the player sees it immediately. The information displayed in the player is all taken from the embedded ID3 tags in the MP3s.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Ditto Brian.

And that is indeed one of the coolest composer sites I've ever scene. Very well done.
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Thank you Michael. I like the clean professional look of your page. And your horror music is very cool.

Joseph... I like the flash intro to your page. But when I clicked on "Enter" - it would not go anywhere. I wanted to check it out. Am I doing something wrong.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Thanks for looking, but the site is kind of in a permanent state of construction. I have had little desire to monkey with Flash XP since I bought GPO. I've got too many things going (novels, poetry, music, family) and I'm no graphic designer so that makes it more difficult that it should be. I'm getting burned out. I'm almost to the point of commissioning someone to do it for me so that I can just update it. Glad you liked it, but I feel like it is kind of unprofessional, so I removed the link so that I don't get embarrassed like this again.

Nice site, Brian! Love the artwork..

About the player, it looks ok, but still room for improvement,
    I thought you should have a look at this solution:
    http://www.larsdanielterkelsen.dk/

Very well done IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. Ralston
    I just wanted to say that despite the heated political discussions, it is amazing to me that we ALL have one thing in common that we come together about on this board. The love of music. So...without out breaking out into a big sappy round of group hugs...I just wanted to remind folks of that. Cheers to the "Off-Topic" discussions.

Now...I still think Nick believes in some nutty theories...but that is for another thread.
    What are you talking about? I HATE music. Just a bunch of people making unnatural noises - and they get paid for it! How stupid is that?

Go Back to forum