• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 2.50.47 final version?

Share/Bookmark

2.50.47 final version?

It sounds like 2.50.47 is out of beta. Does anybody now about any specific instructions on how to update from 2.50.46 XP to 2.50.47 XP. Just update or uninstall 2.50.46 completely?

Thank you.
    Jeannot Welter.

Re: 2.50.47 final version?

thank you Allen for the uninstall procedure. I had installed GS 2.5 a few weeks ago and then realized that it wouldn\'t even start without a GSIF card. Today RME released their GISF XP drivers for the HDSP, but Gigastudio for some reason could not communicate with my Unitor8 MIDI interface. The Nemesys MIDI ports weren\'t installed either. Uninstalling/reinastalling GS according to your description solved the problem :-)

[This message has been edited by Timo Heil (edited 01-31-2002).]

I\'ve had to uninstall before upgrading. I had registration problems when just upgrading. Make sure you check out the instructions for uninstalling that I\'ve seen posted here and on the Tascam site. You need to clean out the registry after uninstalling the program as it does not do a very good uninstall job.

GigaUsers,

Due to the fact that the dowload is a full version of the program you should perform a \"clean install.\"

This is the \"clean install\" procedure for Win98/ME.

1. Browse to Program Files> Nemesys >Gsampler/GigaStudio and save .prf (performance) files for backup. Also back up any .gig files in this directory to another location.

2. Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and be sure that GigaSampler and or GigaStudio is removed.

3. Re-Start your computer.

4. Delete all shortcuts and directories for GigaSampler and GigaStudio.

5. Delete Gsampler/GigaStudio and Nemesys folders and empty the Recycle Bin

6. Re-Start your computer.

7. Go to Start>Run> type \"sysedit\" >system.ini and scroll down to the [386enh] section and delete any entries that may have DEVICE=…..\\Nemesys or \\Gsampler or \\Gstudio in them. NOTE TO ME USERS: go to Search>type \"system.ini\" to find this entry. You should find it in Windows>SYSTEM.

8. Scroll down to the [drivers] section of the system.ini file and delete any entries for MIDI=Gstudio, Gsampler, or Endless Wave drivers

9. Go to Start>Run> type \"regedit\">HK_CURRENT_USER>Software>Conexant and delete this folder. In the Software folder look for a Nemesys folder and delete it as well.

10. In the Registry, go to HK_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Conexant and delete this folder. Delete the Nemesys folder as well.

11. Go to Start>Find>Files or Folders> type \"msg32.exe\" and delete this file. Do a find on all the following files and delete them as well:

msgloop.exe
    vrtkrnld.vxd
    ewctl32.dll
    wstrm32.dll
    wstream.dll
    wsthk16.dll
    wsthk32.dll
    vwstream.vxd

12. Restart the computer.

13. Install GigaSampler/GigaStudio, register it, being very thorough and exact. This will matter in all future transactions. Installation should proceed and run the QuickSound database.

14. Go to the Settings in GigaSampler/GigaStudio and configure sound hardware, sample and bit rates, sequencer, wave editor.

15. Check sound hardware control panel settings to be sure the sample and bit rates are consistent with GigaStudio settings.

16. Restart GigaSampler/GigaStudio, your installation should be complete.

And...

Windows 2000/XP Clean Install Procedure

1. Browse to Program Files> Nemesys GigaStudio and save .prf (performance) files for backup. Also back up any .gig files in this directory to another location.

2. Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and be sure that GigaStudio is removed.

3. Follow the prompts and re-start your computer.

4. Delete all shortcuts and directories for GigaStudio.

5. Delete GigaStudio and Nemesys folders and empty the Recycle Bin

6. Go to Start>Run> type \"regedit\">HK_CURRENT_USER>Software>Conexant and delete this folder. In the Software folder look for a Nemesys folder and delete it as well.

7. In the Registry, go to HK_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Conexant and delete this folder. Delete the Nemesys folder as well.

8. Restart the computer.

9. Install GigaStudio, register it, being very thorough and exact. This will matter in all future transactions. Installation should proceed and run the QuickSound database.

10. Go to the Settings in GigaStudio and configure sound hardware, sample and bit rates, sequencer, wave editor.

11. Check sound hardware control panel settings to be sure the sample and bit rates are consistent with GigaStudio settings.

12. Restart GigaStudio, your installation should be complete.

Allen

[This message has been edited by allen at tascam (edited 01-31-2002).]

Isn\'t 2.50.47 a PATCH?

That\'s all I get when downloading. The good ol\' msg32.exe is still haunting my \'puter.

How can you do a clean install with a Patch?

Please enlighten me how to obtain a full install version of 2.5X

Yes I have registered! Thank you.

Hi Allen,

A million thanks.

Hi Mel Tron,

If you are on XP follow Allen\'s instructions by the book, uninstall any previous version completely. Just before you do that copy all your user/registration/key etc information to a safe place. Then install 2.50.47, it\'s not a patch.

Hope this helps.

I wish to upgrade from 2.20 to 2.5 on Win98. The advice above from the Tascam employee implies that a rather messy clean install is necessary. But the Tascam website implies that in my case I can just apply the downloaded file to my existing installation. Is a clean install really necessary in my case?

UndaGiga

2.5.048 will be a release soon.
    Apparently really soon.
    Brian

Hi UndaGiga,

Over the years I\'ve done it both ways, update and clean install. Clean install was always much more stable than update. Just make sure you follow Allen\'s instructions in this thread.
    Hope this helps.

Thank you Ms. Welter for your thoughtful reply.

I am still using Win98 2nd ed. and it appears to me that it is only a patch not a full install.

Anyway, Tascam should clarify this issue at the download location.

Go Back to forum