• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO & DP 4.12

Share/Bookmark

Question GPO & DP 4.12

Hello everyone.

I have just installed GPO to use as a plug-in with Digital Performer 4.12 on a Mac with OS 10.3.2

I installed, registered, but GPO still isn't showing up in my mixer drop-down window in DP. I did try trashing the AU Pref file as suggested on the GPO help page, but to no avail.

I'm not sure if I've forgotten something or I am missing something. This is my first time using a sampler plug-in with DP. :P Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Clo

Re: GPO & DP 4.12

Quote Originally Posted by Dimora
    I'm not sure if I've forgotten something or I am missing something. This is my first time using a sampler plug-in with DP. :P Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Clo
    Using plugin instruments in DP requires a couple of more steps than in some other DAWs...here's a quick tutorial, assuming you have GPO installed properly, a working MIDI interface/keyboard, and DP4 Hardware setup is already configured to playback audio with a valid output bundle.

1. From the Project Menu: Add Track->Instrument Track->Garritan Personal Orchestra (Stereo) - the GPO plugin interface will open. Load a sound...

2. Again from the Project Menu: Add Track->MIDI Track

3. Using new MIDI track's output pop-up menu (in the Tracks Overview, Sequence Edit or Mixer), assign the MIDI track to the GPO channel your sound is loaded on (Garritan Personal Orchestra 1-1 ( thru 1-16 - an additional GPO plugin would be number 2-1 thru 2-16, etc.)

4. Record-enable the MIDI track...you should now hear GPO when you play your MIDI keyboard.

5. if for some reason you don't hear anything, check Studio Menu->MIDI Patch Thru and make sure it is set to Auto-Channelize, and while you're at it make sure "Patch Thru in Background" is enabled.

good luck,
    Brian

Brian,

Thanks for the quick tutorial. This is very helpful for DP users

Do you mind if we make this into a more complete tutorial complete with screenshots?

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Brian,

Thanks for the quick tutorial. This is very helpful for DP users

Do you mind if we make this into a more complete tutorial complete with screenshots?

Gary Garritan
    No problem, I can grab the screenshots next time I'm in DP.

bmonroney,

Thanks very much for this insight. I have just switched to DP and it's very helpful. And if you can post some screenshots, that would be terrific.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Johneecatt
    bmonroney,

Thanks very much for this insight. I have just switched to DP and it's very helpful. And if you can post some screenshots, that would be terrific.

Thanks.
    I've sent a couple of DP4 tutorials to Gary which I believe will be integrated into the new DP help section of the GPO website, but in the meantime, I'll put the info up on my webspace. My HTML chops are pretty basic, but here it is:

http://home.earthlink.net/~e7sharp9/...4tutorial.html

I also made a tutorial on how to use the GPO Harp Gliassando MIDI control packets in DP...I've converted the MIDI packets into Clippings files.

http://home.earthlink.net/~e7sharp9/...4Tutorial.html

Have Fun,

Brian

Wee it worked! Thank you! Still adjusting with how they rearranged everything.

Thanks again!

Talking Re: GPO & DP 4.12

bmonroney, you absolutely rock!!

Thanks very much - your page is very complete.

-John

Just letting everyone know, I've removed the GPO/DP4 tutorial from my webspace now that Gary has it up on the GPO site:

http://www.garritan.com/GPO-DigitalPerformerPage.html

Brian

Go Back to forum