I'm not sure if I've forgotten something or I am missing something. This is my first time using a sampler plug-in with DP. :P Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Using plugin instruments in DP requires a couple of more steps than in some other DAWs...here's a quick tutorial, assuming you have GPO installed properly, a working MIDI interface/keyboard, and DP4 Hardware setup is already configured to playback audio with a valid output bundle.
1. From the Project Menu: Add Track->Instrument Track->Garritan Personal Orchestra (Stereo) - the GPO plugin interface will open. Load a sound...
2. Again from the Project Menu: Add Track->MIDI Track
3. Using new MIDI track's output pop-up menu (in the Tracks Overview, Sequence Edit or Mixer), assign the MIDI track to the GPO channel your sound is loaded on (Garritan Personal Orchestra 1-1 ( thru 1-16 - an additional GPO plugin would be number 2-1 thru 2-16, etc.)
4. Record-enable the MIDI track...you should now hear GPO when you play your MIDI keyboard.
5. if for some reason you don't hear anything, check Studio Menu->MIDI Patch Thru and make sure it is set to Auto-Channelize, and while you're at it make sure "Patch Thru in Background" is enabled.
Thanks very much for this insight. I have just switched to DP and it's very helpful. And if you can post some screenshots, that would be terrific.
I've sent a couple of DP4 tutorials to Gary which I believe will be integrated into the new DP help section of the GPO website, but in the meantime, I'll put the info up on my webspace. My HTML chops are pretty basic, but here it is: