• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Demos by Mark Winter

Share/Bookmark

Demos by Mark Winter

I am the first time here and I would like to present you my compositions.
    All done with GPO (except a few celtic and other instruments in the second piece), the reverb is from SIR, the instruments mixed with quite strong EQ settings and of course compressed.

http://www.markwinter.de/The_House_In_The_Dunes.mp3

(already in the forum posted, but who did not hear it yet)
    http://www.markwinter.de/The_Celtic_Land.mp3

I would be pleased for detailed criticisms.

greetings

Mark Winter

p.s.: Sorry for the bad english.

Re: Demos by Mark Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Winter
    I am the first time here and I would like to present you my compositions.
    All done with GPO (except a few celtic and other instruments in the second piece), the reverb is from SIR, the instruments mixed with quite strong EQ settings and of course compressed.

http://www.markwinter.de/The_House_In_The_Dunes.mp3

(already in the forum posted, but who did not hear it yet)
    http://www.markwinter.de/The_Celtic_Land.mp3

I would be pleased for detailed criticisms.

greetings

Mark Winter

p.s.: Sorry for the bad english.
    Mark,
    I recently wrote this about your first piece. "Fantastic piece. Big and inventive sound, but more important, soul. Maybe (I am not even sure about this) some very minor mixing adjustements before the CD. This is the music I would buy. It comes from the heart of an Artist. Keep us informed about the development of a commercial CD."
    Your second piece confirms your talent. Now it is the time to complete a full CD and announce it on the forum. Your style is original and the feelings you put in your music are transmitted fully to the listener.
    Louis

Mark, I really enjoyed your first piece, but I have to say the second one is even more beautiful. The resolve at the end is ......... aaahhhhhhhhh

Isn't music wonderful. We have no communication barriers with music. Your english is just fine, but your music speaks beautifully to me. I love your music!

Mark,

Deep, expressive, gorgeous music. Very evocative. Great job.

Trond

Mark,

Welcome to the forum. These are magnificent. And your English is fine too.

Jeff

Smile Re: Demos by Mark Winter

Hi Mark,

here are my impressions to your pieces:

1) The House in the Dunes: You describe a very emotional mood, nice arranged. Although this is your first cue you present in this forum it´s sure that you compose for a long time .... nice. I´ve noticed nothing that disturbs the whole composition.

2) The Celtic Land: The beginning reminds me of Hans Zimmer. Legato strings and a solo instrument. Nice but heart too often, I guess. The rising up at 2:24 is very well done. Very smooth and gently.
    I would´t use the women´s voice starting at 3:08, it sounds very sythi and shakes the harmony of the whole structure. Good, that her part is very short But apart from this points, you´ve done a very good job. I would count your compositions for the best ones, I´ve heard here. Bravo.

Greeting,

Blackster
    "Time is the best teacher. But unfortunately she kills all her students ..." - Terry Pratchett

www.genloc.net

Good to hear from you Mark.

I think your music is beautifully written, composed and orchestrated. The MIDI and production are excellent. I marginally prefer the 'House on the Dunes' but they're both of a very high standard.

Perhaps I will be able to criticise your next one!!

Frank

I first heard "Celtic Land" on the Garritan website, and I downloaded it as soon as I heard it. Out of all the demos on there, this one uses the GPO sounds most effectively in my opinion. There were times when I had to listen hard to make sure that it wasn't a real orchestra! The composition is also very good. Today, I decided to google your name and see what came up, and I found a link to this topic, so I registered real quick so I could comment on it.

I also listened to your other piece and it was also very good, maybe even better. But why is the whole song not on there? I downloaded it and it stops at 1:34, which seems right in the middle. Do you have the entire piece? It is absolutely beautiful. I have trouble writing a slow melody like this that doesn't sound cheesy. This one definately wasn't!

Great work, and please keep it up! I want to hear more!

EDIT: well, I downloaded again and got more, but it still stops at 3:02. Is there more?
    Last edited by JosephF; 04-13-2006 at 08:23 PM. Reason: I re-downloaded it and I got the whole song

Very well done, Mark!

Beautifully expressive and deeply evocative.

More!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Very expressive and beautiful music, Mark. I very much liked the Celtic Land. It reminded me of a Chilean group called Inti-Illimani.
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast