• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano included with Emulator X? New Gigapiano?

Share/Bookmark

Piano included with Emulator X? New Gigapiano?

Anyone able to give us an in-depth review of the piano? It's on 2 CDs, so it should have enough samples to be good. I learned almost nothing about it from the reviews in Keyboard and Computer Music. Distant\close mic'ed? Dry\wet? Many soft layers?

And speaking of pianos: has anyone heard demos of the new Gigapiano that will be included with Giga 3?

Re: Piano included with Emulator X? New Gigapiano?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    And speaking of pianos: has anyone heard demos of the new Gigapiano that will be included with Giga 3?
    I heard it at NAB, but I can't give any meaningful review. There was lots of show floor noise, so they had boosted the HF to the max (like +15dB) to cut through the noise. Nobody's piano would sound good like that!

I think we'll have to wait until people hear the new GigaPiano in their homes and studios before we can get a useful response. All I can say now is that it sounded bright.

Re: Piano included with Emulator X? New Gigapiano?

I didn't like the piano included with Emulator X at all. It held my attention for about 30 seconds. If memory serves, it's a Yamaha and not all that well sampled.
    Mark

Go Back to forum