• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The guy from Steinberg has entered the building

Share/Bookmark

The guy from Steinberg has entered the building

Dear fellow musicians,
    I wanted to say hello and introduce myself to you.
    My name is Fadi T. Hayek. I'm the Eastern Sales Manager for Steinberg USA and also the Area Manager for the North East. I've been working for Steinberg for the past Nine years and have been involved in everything from Sales and Marketing, Market Research, Product development and testing.

I'm elated to see HALion having a presence on Northern Sound. HALion started out as a simple idea drawn on a napking. It has grown into a powerful complex sample player.
    Version 3.0 brings more librarian features new sample formats and much more.

I will be visiting this site daily an welcome your input and your criticisms. In the near future mor steinberg personell will be joining.

Steinberg holds monthly Cubase user group meetings in many cities. I welcome you to come out to them.
    New york, NY
    2nd Thursday of every month Sam Ash 48th street
    2nd Friday of every month Guitar Center 14th street
    Danbury, CT
    2nd Tuesday of every month East Coast Music Mall

Fadi Hayek

Wink Re: The guy from Steinberg has entered the building

Glad to have you participating, Fadi!

I've just ordered the update for HALion 3 from the sale line (in Indiana -- 1-877-253-3900) who were very helpful and patient in getting some of my registration details straightened out (lost or undelivered registration cards, but no worry now that the proper numbers have been supplied).

UNFORTUNATELY, it took me over a week to finally get a helpful hint from a HALion forum user (on the cubase.net forums). In fact, I had series of totally unhelpful interactions with one of the Steinberg "reps" there (with the forum name of "pinkcanary") who, rather than simplying supplying the ANSWER to my query had to impress others by his "sassiness". (You are welcome to review the topic on that forum with this link: http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum24/HTML/001273.html ).

Frankly, if this person represents the best "support" that one can get for HALion 3, I think there's trouble ahead! (And you can tell him, I said so.)

Anyway ... perhaps this Forum will be more helpful. We can hope!

Cheerz! KevinKauai (KFT on the cubase.net forum site)

Re: The guy from Steinberg has entered the building

Welcome, welcome, it's nice to actually talk to Steinberg! since I can never get thru to tech support.

I just ordered the full HALion 3 prog, can't wait till it ships! Like I told the GiGA Forum, maybe it will become a permanent replacement! high hopes here.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    Frankly, if this person represents the best "support" that one can get for HALion 3, I think there's trouble ahead! (And you can tell him, I said so.)
    Hey, you can tell me yourself. In fact, why don't you go to Cubase net and tell me there, where other Halion users can agree or disagree with you?
    I'm impressed that you're letting people know your Cubase net handle - because if anyone here does a search there for KFT they will see what an unbelievable ingrate you are.

Here's a little link for those are interested in seeing who likes to take pot shots from (what he thinks) is a safe distance. To hear you even talk about patience is somewhat ironic.

http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum24/HTML/000720.html

And congratulations on bringing me into this welcome thread. You're a star.
    Last edited by pinkcanary; 06-29-2004 at 08:45 PM. Reason: omitted salient point.

Now, this isn't the best way to start the new Steinberg Forum. Maybe you guys should start fresh, and forget past remarks and look forward to H3.

Welcome Fadi! Looking forward to this NS forum and Hal 3.....
    KFT , from those posts ,it obviousy looks like Pinkcanary was just trying to help. I think u owe him an apology. He`s a very present and helpful moderator over at cubase.net...a rare breed. Rich

Fadi,

Good on you becoming the official Halion rep on this forum...looking forward to your posts. I'm noticing an increasing interest of developers in supporting Halion, and your presence here certainly will advance the cause.

Kevin,

You're way off base with your criticism of Pink Canary. I think it would be safe to say that he shouldered the load in establishing the idea that Halion can be legitimate professional tool.

Cheers,
    arrangeit

Welcome Fadi,
    It's nice to see Steinberg represented here. I use Cubase, Halion and Hypersonic You guys rock!
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Welcome Fadi!

Looking forward to this forum developing and complementing the excellent Cubase Halion forum.

Steve

Fadi,

Welcome to the Northern Sounds Forums!

I think you're going to like this community. Good to have you here.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum