• Register
  • Help

Topic: A new song...another opinion please

Share/Bookmark

A new song...another opinion please

I trying to keep clean up my compositions. To keep the sounds more discreete. I've been told that I put in too much (and I agree).

This one is supossed to be "emotional."

Please nit pick it apart. Thanks.

Emotional

Re: A new song...another opinion please

All I can say is that I am not relating to the structure your score. Sounds like many ideas throws together without steady form. This does not mean that your music is bad or good. It's just that I do not relate your form.

Re: A new song...another opinion please

Quote Originally Posted by Jaibulu
    All I can say is that I am not relating to the structure your score. Sounds like many ideas throws together without steady form. This does not mean that your music is bad or good. It's just that I do not relate your form.
    You're probably right. I wrote the second 4 bars of the piano part first but wanted a prelude that was tender and stretched out. Then the first 4 bars of the piano came about as a way to introduce the original 4 bars. Then I repeat the 2 phrases with chords and orchestration changing a little to make it move forward.

I thought I tied it together by hinting at the original melody in the violin melody just before the piano.

But it all goes to heck when I put that ending on it. I created it on the piano (and I think it would have been OK on piano alone) but couldn't help but orchestrate it. Because I'm learning how to use Gold.

I would've come back to the prelude later in the piece but (its just for practice) I was done at the 2 minute mark.

Go Back to forum