• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: too late for additions to GPO update?

Share/Bookmark

too late for additions to GPO update?

I think it would be so cool if GPO had some of the typical noises that are made by musicians as their chair moves, bows hitting music stands, pages turning etc. You know, all the stuff recording engineers hate. If I recall, these sounds are in GOS. I have not heard them, but if some of them could be incorporated into GPO's updated version, that would just be icing on the cake.

Thanks Gary!

Re: too late for additions to GPO update?

The next update to GPO will include a lot of new patches and programming. The update after I have already pestered Gary about adding a lot of the stuff from GOS into GPO... we'll see what I can talk him into for ya
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Dan...I suggested this a while back, and the last I heard Gary mentioned including them in a future update.

As far as I know, there are ambient samples, and there are impulse responses as well...which according to some who have used them with GPO works very nicely indeed.

I'm hoping the GOS ambience samples and the impulse responses will be part of an update...but at the same time I wouldn't want to press Gary already extrememly generous nature too far by asking for even more.

However, if what those who have tried the ambience and IR's are right, it would to great things in terms of realism for GPO, so it might be good move to include them into a GPO upgrade...and I think Gary said he would...but I'd rather he confirm it before I say anything further which might be wrong.

Cheers

Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    The next update to GPO will include a lot of new patches and programming. The update after I have already pestered Gary about adding a lot of the stuff from GOS into GPO... we'll see what I can talk him into for ya
    Thank's Alan...that's good to know. I was thinking about starting a thread to collect any suggestions for "sample improvements" in GPO. The info collected might be a good thing to have for the update after this one. I've read bout a couple of sample issues in other threads...but it might good to have them all in the same place?

I dunno...please tell me what you think about this.

Oh...and we're still interested of course to know whether the GOS ambience samples and impulse responses will be included in the upcoming update or anyone after that.

Cheers

Rodney

G. Glenn,

Consolidating to one thread would be nice so that we could get reports from the public... I can't recall, are you part of the beta team? (sorry, it's early here, haven't had coffee yet). If so, make sure to report everything there as well, as that's watched more frequently by those that need to know...

If not, then I would say, give it a go, it will be a very helpful thread, and then I can take the info compiled there and ship it to the beta team for confirmations and testing.

Thanks.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Hey guys,

That would be great to compile a list of all the little issues some of us have experienced with GPO (and also ideas/suggestions) so that it could be looked at for the next update.

I've posted a comment to Gary about it in the Support & Technical section but Gary did not reply to it, (probably too busy with the update stuff!!!)

So, I'll just wait for that list to appear in the forum.

LONG LIVE THE GPO REVOLUTION !!!

NDEE

You guys are getting too spoiled with the updates! GPO is the only $249 library that has had multiple updates and additions.

Personally, I would like to see the add-ons like the Big Band come out. Gary has finite resources for programming things. The more time spent on updates to GPO mean less time for programming the add-ons.

The current GPO is quite generous when you consider what it already includes for the cost. You can't beat this deal anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    G. Glenn,

Consolidating to one thread would be nice so that we could get reports from the public... I can't recall, are you part of the beta team? (sorry, it's early here, haven't had coffee yet). If so, make sure to report everything there as well, as that's watched more frequently by those that need to know...

If not, then I would say, give it a go, it will be a very helpful thread, and then I can take the info compiled there and ship it to the beta team for confirmations and testing.

Thanks.
    Hi Alan...thank's for your reply.

Just to clear things up about who I am...I call myself "Rodney_G" when on the GPO chat...and I'm thinking about changing my name to that on this Forum as well. I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I registered as "R. Glenn". It sounds too formal, and I realize now it's also pretty confusing as Glenn is also a common firstname. Sorry about that.

No, I'm not part of the GPO beta team. When you recently asked in a thread for people to apply I hesitated...because I have a pretty "low spec" computer. While I thought about whether my services might be neede or not, you said stop, so I guess I missed my chance. I have a desktop AMD XP 1.4 GHz with 512 MB RAM and I only have what comes with GPO (Cubasis etc)...so I figured you wouldn't have much use of me?

Anyways, if you think a "GPO samples improvement suggestions" thread is a good idea then it might be worth a shot. I'm thinking 100% constructive and very specific suggestions only, i.e. just stuff that can be of help to the GPO dev team.

Oh, andy word on those ambience samples and impulse responses?. I believe that was the original question by the starter of this thread...sorry for any off topic comments.

Cheers

Rodney

It's never too late for additions to a GPO update since we will be continuing to provide updates.

R.Glenn - it's a good idea to have a thread to collect any suggestions for improvements and enhancements to GPO.

Perhaps we can make ambient noises (chair moves, bows hitting music stands, pages turning etc.) available as a download along with some impulses. Francis from Bela D was gracious enough to post some of these ambient noises not too long ago. We're working on some impulses to share with GPO users.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by R. Glenn
    No, I'm not part of the GPO beta team. When you recently asked in a thread for people to apply I hesitated...because I have a pretty "low spec" computer. While I thought about whether my services might be neede or not, you said stop, so I guess I missed my chance. I have a desktop AMD XP 1.4 GHz with 512 MB RAM and I only have what comes with GPO (Cubasis etc)...so I figured you wouldn't have much use of me?
    Actually, I think they would have wanted a range of system strengths, including yours. That's okay, though... I've got the lower-tech system end covered.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Go Back to forum