• Register
  • Help

Topic: 48fhp/Ready to Laugh?

48fhp/Ready to Laugh?

Hey guys -

Did any of you have the pleasure of working on the 48 hour film project (www.48hourfilmproject) in your city? We just wrapped up in Austin here last weekend, and it was a load of fun.

Basically, you get 48 hours to write, shoot, edit and turn in a short (under 10 minute) film. So it's very crazy during the weekend. You draw a genre, and get assigned a line of dialog, a prop, and a character.

For us, it was :

genre: spy
    character: Fitzsimmons (a politician)
    prop: figurine
    line of dialog: "Is that the way it goes?"

The writers had a story by about 2 or 3 am on sat, and then the rewrites started I did the music and some of the sound design work - must of my stuff didn't start until around noon on sunday.

I've included a link below to the film. I will say that it's very "campy" - everyone who draws spy usually makes it a funny spoof - more about the gags/etc. Keep an eye out for the required line of dialog and how it was used.

Libs on this were QLSO Plat, stormdrum, atmosphere, trilogy, and stylus.

Remember - I only had a day to write about 5:30 of music!

Film Link (Quicktime):
    Eric Doggett
    MoonDog Media

Eastern Washington

Re: 48fhp/Ready to Laugh?

Wow Eric thats really good, it's amazing what you can do in 48 hours. Seems like you had great fun doing it too. Your cues are excellent and really set the tone nicely. Mix was great too.
    Congrats. Made me laugh.

Re: 48fhp/Ready to Laugh?

Hey, congratulations! It´s indeed amazing, what you did in 48 hours!

Go Back to forum