• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can anyone give just ONE good reason why Bush should be re-elected?

Share/Bookmark

Talking Can anyone give just ONE good reason why Bush should be re-elected?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Ok, I just want to stir things a little in here. I’m just curious. Can anyone give just ONE good reason why Bush should be re-elected? Now that I’ve instigated this, I will retreat and watch from a distance.
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Re: Can anyone give just ONE good reason why Bush should be re-elected?

compelling...but not good enough..lol
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

A "John Kerry+Hilliary Clinton" ticket would be a good reason for alot of folks.

Kerry+Edwards looks tempting though.

Dave

Kerry is liberal even by Taxachusetts standards.

Conservatives understand this, and won't vote for him. That is the reason to vote for Bush, even for conservatives that don't like him.

Centrists might vote for Bush if they think terrorism is still an immediate problem. Other centrists might vote for Bush if their finances have improved.

Liberals might vote for Bush because they feel he's capable enough to conquer the world, and then government will just disappear because everyone will know their place
    Michael Peter

If music be the food of love...
    play on

William Shakespeare

homepage

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Can anyone give just ONE good reason why Bush should be re-elected?
    How about the fact that there haven't been any domestic terror attacks since 9/11? I'm not a big fan of Bush, but you have to give credit where credit is due, and this is a pretty critical issue (arguably THE most important one). On 9/12/01, you probably would have had a hard time convincing anyone that there isn't going to be another attack for almost 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by glennm01
    How about the fact that there haven't been any domestic terror attacks since 9/11? I'm not a big fan of Bush, but you have to give credit where credit is due, and this is a pretty critical issue (arguably THE most important one). On 9/12/01, you probably would have had a hard time convincing anyone that there isn't going to be another attack for almost 3 years.
    That's despite Bush and his Iraq policy, not because of it. 9/11 acted as a wake up call for security forces all over the world, -that's what's working.

Think of the extra global security that could have been bought for $80b, instead of spending it on creating and stirring up a hornet's nest of terrorism in Iraq.

When the US and UK forces are brought home from Iraq, they will bring the terrorism home with them. The incumbent will be blamed: it's a poisoned chalice.

-It would make his Parents very proud!

Quote Originally Posted by glennm01

Yeah, except for the fact that he did allow 911 itself to happen on his watch, has created unprecedented hatred of America worldwide, he's doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Phoenix
    Yeah, except for the fact that he did allow 911 itself to happen on his watch, has created unprecedented hatred of America worldwide, he's doing a great job.
    The original post asked to name one reason, which I did. Read no more into it than that.

Fair enough.

Go Back to forum