• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Happy Independence Day

Share/Bookmark

Post Happy Independence Day

Happy 228th Birthday America!

Wishing our fellow Americans a Happy Indepenence Day!

Be safe and have fun .

Gary Garritan

Re: Happy Independence Day

Come on chaps, isn't it time to let bygones be bygones and stop celebrating?

However, if you really feel you must perpetuate this 228yr old success then feel free. May I suggest that you celebrate, for example, the achievement of the moon landing instead? (for those of us who believe you actually did it!)

May a supernatural being help us, if you ever win the World Soccer Cup!!

Frank

PS: We don't celebrate any change of ruler as we've had so much of it

They still celebrate July 3rd in England. There it's called "Dependence Day."

- John Cleese
    -E

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson."

Unfortunately we have had severe thunderstorms for a while now and any chance of a fireworks display has been overuled by nature. I was looking forward to walking down to the inlet from the house and watching with my daughter, the expression of joy she gets is worth more then any piece of music! . I guess the lightning and booms count for now, but were used to that
    Nicole Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Come on chaps, isn't it time to let bygones be bygones and stop celebrating?
    Hehe!

Dear Hardy,

I find a bit of historical irony in that as a direct descendent of “The Black Douglas” of Scotland, and an American, I find myself sometimes wishing you would let us back into the British Empire. We seem to be mucking things up a bit on our own. Can we just call it all a big mis-understanding?

Just curious, do you know who the “Black Douglas” was?…hehe

All the best mate!

Brian DOUGLAS Schum
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Easy_Rhino
    They still celebrate July 3rd in England. There it's called "Dependence Day."

- John Cleese
    That's brilliant!...with just a hint of truth and reality! I just love Mr Cleese!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112

I find a bit of historical irony in that as a direct descendent of “The Black Douglas” of Scotland, and an American, I find myself sometimes wishing you would let us back into the British Empire. We seem to be mucking things up a bit on our own. Can we just call it all a big mis-understanding?

Just curious, do you know who the “Black Douglas” was?…hehe

Brian DOUGLAS Schum
    "Good Sir James ( to the Scot's) and the Black Douglas ( to the English)" .

I do now Brian....that is sure some lineage, and an interesting story.....(and God Bless America for the Internet!!) I was born in Fifeshire and my parents moved down to the south of England in 1948. I knew we had something in common....Scottish blood! Have you got any whiskey in yours?

Frank
    PS: Unfortunately I suffer from a condition where my blood becomes adulterated with alcohol occasionally. Apparently, there is no cure unless one no longer imbibes!

Had a great forth... hope all your's were good!
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

Missed being here on the forum but enjoyed a much needed rest this holiday weekend. Good company, good food, fireworks, a parade and a sitar concert. The most exciting thing that happened was when a tourist drove his car off the ferry into the water.

We'll go back to our regularly scheduled chats next weekend. Good to be back.

Gary Garritan

Had a lousy 4th of July here. It rained pretty much all day long. Well, at least I got some computer time so it wasn't a total loss. Now that I think of it, what with me being introverted and all, I really didn't miss out on much.

Go Back to forum