• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS and Gina card - Am I crazy to try?

Share/Bookmark

GS and Gina card - Am I crazy to try?

I have a desktop DAW with Sonar 3 and a Gina card and a loptop with Indigo IO. Am am considering buying Gigastudio but it seems like their are all kinds of problems with Echo cards - Am I crazy to try this? -Steve

Re: GS and Gina card - Am I crazy to try?

GS and Sonar 3 are terrific products. I'd buy GS, but with the understanding that one or more of your Echo cards won't work with it. Mostly, the complaints here are about the Mia, but then that's probably because there are more of them around. I finally just deep-sixed mine and bought an M-audio card. (works fine).

Having said that, most folks use the Echo cards successfully and you may be able to do that, too. Good luck,

Carl

I've got a Gina 20 and have been using it since Giga Sampler and then all the way up to Giga Studio - - the big one.
    No Problems.

Steve

Same. Running 2 Gina card / GS 160 for 2 years - zero problems.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_steven
    I have a desktop DAW with Sonar 3 and a Gina card and a loptop with Indigo IO. Am am considering buying Gigastudio but it seems like their are all kinds of problems with Echo cards - Am I crazy to try this? -Steve
    I haven't seen a lot of problems with Echo cards. I own the original MIA. It's a great card and seems very compatable with a lot of hardware. I run it on those evil VIA chipsets (from 266-600) with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    I haven't seen a lot of problems with Echo cards. I own the original MIA. It's a great card and seems very compatable with a lot of hardware. I run it on those evil VIA chipsets (from 266-600) with no problems.
    Fancy meeting you here! :-)

Go Back to forum