• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO-Studio strange behaviour.

Share/Bookmark

GPO-Studio strange behaviour.

Hello,

On my system, when closing down a work session, GPO-Studio (v.1.1.2) always crashes when I ask for a "save" - rendering the save null and void - There's nothing saved in the proposed folder.

In fact GPO-Studio used in tandem with Sibelius3 and Motu's pci 424 works quite well in all aspects except that my "players' do not let themselves be saved in the end. The result is that there's no GPO for me to open when opening my Sibelius files and I have to reconfigure everything, each time - quite a drag really. I must be missing something surely.

Could anyone shed a light upon this, it simply doesn't make sense not to be able to save a GPO-Studio document. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance and cheers, Alix.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    G4 Dual 1.25, 1.75gig ram OSX3.4. DP4.12, 2408mk3/pci 424.Griffin G4Port. Sibelius 3.1.3, Kontakt, Kompakt, Garritan Personal Orchestra, GPO-Studio v1.1.2, Stylus-Trilogy-Atmosphere.

Re: GPO-Studio strange behaviour.

Alix,

Thanks for reporting this and letting us know your system specs. We will look into this and see if we can replicate the problem and provide a solution ASAP.

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Alix Chatelain
    Hello,
    On my system, when closing down a work session, GPO-Studio (v.1.1.2) always crashes when I ask for a "save" - rendering the save null and void - There's nothing saved in the proposed folder.
    HI there.

Could you please try that again using this version:
    PC: http://www.garritan.com/support/GPOStudioV12.zip
    MAC: http://www.garritan.com/support/GPOStudioV12.dmg.sit

And if it still crashes please send us the GPOStudio.log (in the install directory)
    to me at davidv AT plogue.com

Cheers
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Sorry,

(just noticed youre on Mac)
    Could you retry with 1.2 and send us the OSX crash log and the GPOStudio.log
    that should be in your ~user/Library/Logs folder
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Thumbs up Re: GPO-Studio strange behaviour.

Thank you both Dave and Garry for your prompt replies.

Here follows my report.

As advised I installed and configured the version 1.2 you've provided me with and my problem is solved - GPO Studio may now be saved, I did it twice just to make sure.

Also I checked for eventual differences in versions of GPO Studio and I came to notice the following:
    The version I had that crashed upon save was also 1.2 (and not v1.1.2 as I had mistakingly written down - a million apologies) , created March 28th 2004, modified April 6th 2004 .
    The version I've just installed, also v.1.2 but created April 12th 2004 and modified May 5th 2004. (What a difference a week makes!)

So the confusion lay also in the fact that both versions were named identically but in effect were vastly different.

I isolated the crash logs for you but somehow my zip drive would not copy them (error-50) - my music computer in the studio has no internet linkage. But if you insist, I'll see what I can do....

But as I'm very happy to report the problem has been resolved with the installation of the update you gave me.

You guys really delivered and I feel good.

Three cheers to you! And thanks a lot.... Alix

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    G4 Dual 1.25, 1.75gig ram OSX3.4. DP4.12, 2408mk3/pci 424.Griffin G4Port. Sibelius 3.1.3, Kontakt, Kompakt, Garritan Personal Orchestra, GPO-Studio v1.2, Stylus-Trilogy-Atmosphere.

Go Back to forum