• Register
  • Help

Topic: Request: Timpani rolls

Share/Bookmark

Red face Request: Timpani rolls

I would like to request that in GPO v2 there will be Timpani rolls. It's just amazing to be able to control the rolls which are included (snares, bassdrum etc.), but I'm missing the timpani roll.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Request: Timpani rolls

for me a midi packet with several timpani rolls could be sufficient... in this way you control the rolls, and not the rolls to control you! :-)

Talking Re: Request: Timpani rolls

Quote Originally Posted by bosone
    for me a midi packet with several timpani rolls could be sufficient... in this way you control the rolls, and not the rolls to control you! :-)
    True, it would be excellent to have several rolls. I was just trying to be modest.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

If you have an MFX-capable host (recent Cakewalk and Cubase offerings, mainly), you can use my TenCrazy.com MFX Autothrob to get arbitrarily fractioned rolls.

I typically combine this with another (unreleased) note alternator plugin to get alternation of left and right hand samples. Perhaps I'll roll that functionality into a new version of Autothrob.

Mind you, this doesn't allow for changing the speed of the roll while it's playing, so maybe that's another feature that needs to happen...

- m

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    If you have an MFX-capable host (recent Cakewalk and Cubase offerings, mainly), you can use my TenCrazy.com MFX Autothrob to get arbitrarily fractioned rolls.

I typically combine this with another (unreleased) note alternator plugin to get alternation of left and right hand samples. Perhaps I'll roll that functionality into a new version of Autothrob.

Mind you, this doesn't allow for changing the speed of the roll while it's playing, so maybe that's another feature that needs to happen...

- m
    Hi Markleford, I will give it a try. Thanks.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

I've programmed some decent rolls in DP4 by step-timing them in with the left-right alternating samples in GPO, changing the value of the step size gradually in ticks if I need it to speed up or slow down, then re-drawing the velocity afterwards with the Reshape tool, usually set to a spline which can create a nice curve for cresc/decresc. Really, it's not as slow and tedious as my description makes it sound.

That said, yes, timpani rolls would be a welcome addition to GPO.

Brian

Go Back to forum