• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recommended Mod Wheel Values for pp,mf,etc...

Share/Bookmark

Recommended Mod Wheel Values for pp,mf,etc...

Can someone be kind enough to list the usual mod wheel values for p,mf,f, etc.? Also, recommended velocity values for the same, when they apply?
    As I don't own sibelius or other like minded software that interprets symbols to mod wheel values, it'd be nice to know what they might actually be, instead of fumbling on my own.
    Thanks!

Re: Recommended Mod Wheel Values for pp,mf,etc...

The included Overture SE has this function. Have you tried it out? It has built in values for mod-wheel and velocity based on the dynamic you choose and you can also tweak them as you desire. Take a look at it if you haven't already. At least you could get some idea from it what the basic values should look like.

Cool Re: Recommended Mod Wheel Values for pp,mf,etc...

Quote Originally Posted by RobbinsEgg
    Can someone be kind enough to list the usual mod wheel values for p,mf,f, etc.? Also, recommended velocity values for the same, when they apply?
    As I don't own sibelius or other like minded software that interprets symbols to mod wheel values, it'd be nice to know what they might actually be, instead of fumbling on my own.
    Thanks!
    Here's rough list:

pppp = 30
    ppp = 40
    pp = 50
    p = 60
    mp = 70
    mf = 80
    f = 90
    ff = 100
    fff = 110
    ffff = 120
    sf = 110
    fz = 110
    sfz = 110
    fp = 110

However, you must improvise a little.
    Sincerely,
    Falcon1

icelandphotoblog.com
    my cafepress store
    my fine art print store
    my music store

Please support your fellow musician from Iceland where the currency has fallen 70% against USD and 90% against EURO! Every dollar or euro counts!

Re: Recommended Mod Wheel Values for pp,mf,etc...

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the quick response.

Go Back to forum