• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Question to synthetic ! (( re-iterated piano notes pedal down with giga 3)

Share/Bookmark

Question to synthetic ! (( re-iterated piano notes pedal down with giga 3)

hi,

take a look at :

http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum24/HTML/001279.html

Does Gigastudio 3 will have the same function ? (for re-iterated piano notes pedal down)

Or a voice group function like Kontakt ?

it's important for Piano....

Regards,

Olivier

www.audiolivepro.com

Re: Question to synthetic ! (( re-iterated piano notes pedal down with giga 3)

bump !!!!

i want an answer !!!

Talking Re: Question to synthetic ! (( re-iterated piano notes pedal down with giga 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    bump !!!!

i want an answer !!!
    So noted! .... but, what's the magic word?

Quote Originally Posted by GTBannah
    So noted! .... but, what's the magic word?
    Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier
    bump !!!!

i want an answer !!!
    now !

Oh Let me try! I think I know the answer to this one....Is it 'Please'?

Frank

Smile Re: Question to synthetic ! (( re-iterated piano notes pedal down with giga 3)

Olivier maybe the best magic word is "patience" just now.
    I suppose Synthetic to be very busy actually...
    After the shining entrance of new GS3 in the arena there will be good times to see every things happening with the new possibilities. Sure.

Bonne soirée!

Un français à Madrid - Your french man in Spain.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

These features have been built into GigaStudio since Giga 2.0.

It's called "self mask" and it works on the individual sample level.

If you're overlapping the same note, as long as you are playing louder notes, the softer ones are released. If you start with loud notes, and overlap softer ones, the loud ones are allowed to ring through the softer ones.

This is actually quite a bit MORE sophisticated than H3, since H3 is just a simple "x number of notes are allowed to ring" setting. The GigaStudio method has the capability to allow more natural behavior, yet cut polyphony load to the bare minimum needed to sound musical.

Repedaling is handled by the GigaPulse engine.

No need to worry about GigaStudio needing to play catch-up here. This is one of many areas where GigaStudio has had better technology than its competitors continuously since day one.

Bruce

Olivier:

Indeed your work in patching piano samplers for the repedalling question is excellent! Your are maybe the most advanced in this field.
    I mean that the "pedal" uses behavior in samplers are just to primitive (CC64 0-127). Great things can and will be done next in conjunction with sampled resonances and body convolution. With the help of people like you.
    I told sometimes Worra about this. I would like to have my White Grand sounding with repedalling to!... Time to time.
    Thanks

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

ps...Synthetic is likely VERY busy right now. Everyone at Tascam/Nemesys is working combat hours, including Joe Bibbo, whose wife is due to give birth just about any time. People are sacrificing like mad to make GigaStudio 3.0 a killer release.

Go Back to forum