• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Overture SE 3.5, 3.6 won't work on XP Pro

Share/Bookmark

Overture SE 3.5, 3.6 won't work on XP Pro

I've also sent an email to their support. I'm a GPO newbie.

I installed this and when I open it up the splash screen hangs. I can't get it to produce an error report either.
    I tried removing the program and cleaning out the registry, the 3.6 update and still get the same result.

Re: Overture SE 3.5, 3.6 won't work on XP Pro

That's funny as it works fine in the home edition. There's no errors or anything displayed onscreen when it crashes? I assume you have other audio software installed on the computer that works fine.

It's the only software that doesn't work. THe splash screen hangs. It doesnt freeze up the whole system.

This is dumb I know, but have you tried running it in compatibility mode, not that I think that's going to help. It's hard to troubleshoot this without some kind of error to go by. Also, have you checked XP's error log? Control Panel, Administration Tools, Event Viewer. See if it says anything there.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    I've also sent an email to their support. I'm a GPO newbie.

I installed this and when I open it up the splash screen hangs. I can't get it to produce an error report either.
    I tried removing the program and cleaning out the registry, the 3.6 update and still get the same result.
    Sorry,man...I'm scoring away on XP Pro with Overture. I started with the SE and liked it enough to get the full version.
    What else is in your system tray?? What is listed under startup in msconfig? Those answers may shed some light on the Ov problem.
    Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    This is dumb I know, but have you tried running it in compatibility mode, not that I think that's going to help. It's hard to troubleshoot this without some kind of error to go by. Also, have you checked XP's error log? Control Panel, Administration Tools, Event Viewer. See if it says anything there.
    I've definitely tried that. I think maybe the font's aren't loading when I open it up. It works fine on W2K.
    Now that I think about it, I wonder if it will work if I start the print spooler service.

Do you have the task spoolsv.exe disabled from starting in XP? Overture needs this to run I believe. I know that if I turn it off in the task manager, it automatically starts it when I open the program. If you've got it disabled from starting at all this could be a problem.

That may be it. I have the service set to manual since I don't have a printer connected.
    Well that wasn't the solution. For some reason it also does the same thing on my W2K machine.

Could you take a screen shot of your task manager before trying to open Overture and send it to me in an email. Control Alt Print Screen and then paste it into the email. Do it again after you open Overture. I'll see if I can spot anything. Another stupid suggestion, do you have all the compatibility updates for XP installed? There's got to be something wrong here!!!

I may have found the problem but not the solution. I don't think it install correctly.
    There are no registry entries for the Program after it installs. The folders are there but nothing inside them.

Go Back to forum