• Register
  • Help

Topic: Piano release mode

Piano release mode

Quote Originally Posted by xav93
    Hi, all!

There is a real piano's feature that many digital pianos can reproduce, but not kontakt 1.5.3.

After you release a piano key :

- when you press sustain pedal down before the end of normal release, the note come to sound at his current release volume, with a natural decay, as long as i maintain the pedal down, till the end of sample if needed (but of course, never longer)

- when I stop to press pedal down, the note come to his normal release

- but if I press it down again rapidly before end of normal release, the pedal FX start again at current release volume.

- and this effect doesn't work after the note is completly released, of course.

I tried many things to recreate this pedal effect with kontakt, but no one can satisfy these four conditions above.

The internal piano sound of my kurzweil PC88 can do this pedal FX. To show you how this sounds, i slicy layered it with our (with Olivier) current light patch of the Galaxy SD.

example at http://jazzphoton.free.fr/Demos%20mp...%20release.rar

Someone can tell me if Gigastudio 2.5 or 3, Halion, EXS24 could reproduce this feature?

Xavier Bidault

Yes, Gigastudio 2.54 can reproduce this feature. You have a check box in Intrument properties "Piano release mode"

Just one click to do this !

Does Halion 3 have this "Piano release mode " ?

Re: Piano release mode

There is a release mode in HALion 3...which includes three ways of setting the release. Haven't had the time to play with it yet. You might want to download the HALion 3 manual and read about the release capabilities.

Bill C.

Re: Piano release mode

Thanks !!

It's just usefull for release samples.

But in Gigastudio you don't need that. Just a check box "Piano release mode" without mapping other samples (note off)

Seems to be hard to release the same effect (natural) in Halion 3.

To understand that you have to try this release mode in Gigastudio or in a real Piano.

(or to Download the midi example of Xavier and compare with the .mp3)

Go Back to forum