• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spectrasonics Updates Posted!

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics Updates Posted!

Happy to announce that we have posted free updates for Atmosphere, Trilogy and Stylus on our site. They contain many improvements, fixes and a heavily requested new feature of LFO Sync for Atmosphere and Trilogy!

Enjoy!

spectrum

http://www.spectrasonics.net/

Re: Spectrasonics Updates Posted!

You rule, Spectrasonics!
    Jan Nemecek
    www.jannemecek.net

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum

Enjoy!
    I'd like to!

However, when I run the Atmosphere 1.2 VST Updater.exe I all I get is an error message: "Unable to get the name of the Atmosphere.dat file"

Atmosphere 1.2 VST Windows Update

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lougheed
    I'd like to!

However, when I run the Atmosphere 1.2 VST Updater.exe I all I get is an error message: "Unable to get the name of the Atmosphere.dat file"

Atmosphere 1.2 VST Windows Update

Lawrence
    Eric posted a workaround for this issue on the Spectrasonics Yahoo group and KVR.
    http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtop...r=asc&start=15

You need to run the SpectraMove utility, and "repair" or "move" the .dat file---to where it already is (essentially confirming the location of the .dat file). This will allow you to run the Updater.

Thanks, XanaX. That did the trick. I appreciate the response, and I'm up and running now with sync. This is going to create a whole new world for Atmosphere!

However, as an aside, I wonder why this info wasn't included with the updater?

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lougheed
    However, as an aside, I wonder why this info wasn't included with the updater?

Lawrence
    Because we just found the problem after posting the updaters and it was faster to respond to the internet groups and forums than redo all the updaters.

Working on a better fix.

spectrum

Talking Re: Spectrasonics Updates Posted!

Love the update!

Any chance of getting some updated patches from you that utilize the clocking???

While I am begging....any chance of multi-timbrel??

Thanks,
    Danny Lux

This update was able to be released working with the original UVI engine that powers our current instruments.

Unfortunately, there's no cross-platform way to add patches to Atmosphere that everyone can use. (DP presets are different from Logic presets, Cubase presets, Pro Tools presets, etc) Otherwise, we would have done this in a heartbeat.

This won't be a problem for the future when we move to our own engines and in-house technology (beginning with Stylus RMX), and there are TONS of exciting things in store. All the groundwork is being laid now for a lot of great stuff.

:-)

spectrum

Because we just found the problem after posting the updaters and it was faster to respond to the internet groups and forums than redo all the updaters.

Working on a better fix.
    Spectrum,

That's understandable. Thanks for the follow up. I'm looking forward to working with the sync options. I appreciate the upgrade!

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

This won't be a problem for the future when we move to our own engines and in-house technology
    As Mr. Burns would say, "excellent"!
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Go Back to forum