• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Computer and GPO Woes

New Computer and GPO Woes

My New computer rocks with GPO but when I load files that I worked on previous to the new comp, GPO wants to go through a huge scan of the system to find where I stored the samples. Is there any way to point GPO in the right direction?

Re: New Computer and GPO Woes

Regrettably you won't be able to bypass the sample find screen easily in this situation. There's a bug in the NI player that causes files to need to find samples, when you use the files in a system with a different installation location for the GPO Library than the location on the system that created the saved file. In the next update, NI is changing the behavior of the player so that this situation will be much easier - however for now, there are two ways you could work around the bug. The simple way would be to just work your way through the find sample dialogs, and eventually Kontakt will find all of them. If you've got a number of files you need to use on the new system, then the easiest thing will probably be to uninstall GPO and reinstall it to the same location the old computer was using (ie. if old computer installed to C:\GPO, then install it to this exact same location on the new computer).

Re: New Computer and GPO Woes

Thanks Jeff
    Looking forward to the update. I'll just let it do its search thing for now. It takes awhile because it finds one sound and then starts the search over with the C drive until it finally gets to the "F" drive where the samples are and then starts again. About five minutes or more to load up an old song. But once it does, you just save it and it remembers.

Go Back to forum