• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: well dont expect pretty infact cover your ears

Share/Bookmark

well dont expect pretty infact cover your ears

Sorry had to do a quick purge of webspace before I have to leave thismorning. Needed more room.
    Nicole Davis

Re: well dont expect pretty infact cover your ears

Wow! This is pretty wild but cool! I really like the syncopation in the one area. I think Tom Hopkins will like this one!

It really did remind me of Bug's dancing around.

Nicole for President! You brought a big grin to my face – this is my idea of compositional fun. George Antheil’s piano music from the 1920s always cheered me up. Anyone familiar with his work will know why I mention it here. Anyone not familiar with George – shame on you. Let me hear more, Nicole.

Tom

The war of TASTE against taste....July 2004 'til......

Tom said "Anyone not familiar with George – shame on you". WHY???? To some of us this is just music, a pleasure, a hobby....NOT a life's study!!

Sorry, never heard of him and I'm certainly not ashamed!! Bolody cheek!!

Tom, I think we ought to take this outside?

Edited shortly after the initial post:

Frank

I really enjoyed this! I'm simply amazed at the variety of sounds and moods a piano can make. This is what this makes this forum so alive, constantly being introduced to music we wouldn't come upon on our own. Nice work.

Jeff

Frank,

“Bolody cheek!” You had me running to a mirror, and you know what? You’re right! I cut myself shaving today!! What irritates me most is that I didn’t notice until you pointed it out! Aarrrhhggg!

Now, let’s be clear here: I didn’t expect YOU personally to be ashamed. You’re the last one I’d expect to be ashamed of a lack of knowledge. I stand by my statement, though. Knowledge is your ally, or should be if you are making any pretense about being a composer (even a hobbyist). There are many composers whose work is essential listening and not all of them are household names. George is one of them. If you don’t choose to inform yourself, so be it. Your loss. Perhaps I should have said, “what a shame – for you.”

As far as taking this outside – I’ll be behind the McDonald’s on 6th street at 7pm tonight. I’ll be the one sitting next to the garbage bin in the alley with the bottle of wine in my lap. You can see I have no taste in food either, but experience tells me that I can reach the freshest leftovers from there.

Tom

Frank,

Let’s not sidetrack the thread here any longer with a personal sparring match between you and me (however much fun it may be). This should be about Nicole’s remarkable piano piece. That’s where the focus should be. Once again, nice job Nicole.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    Frank,

Let’s not sidetrack the thread here any longer with a personal sparring match between you and me (however much fun it may be). This should be about Nicole’s remarkable piano piece. That’s where the focus should be. Once again, nice job Nicole.

Tom
    Well after my nap to try to rid of this headache I have, I found the sparing match to be funny after coming back here
    One thing I wanted to say. Bugs as in the little pests moving around and us seeing them isnt what I was thinking about. I was thinking more along the lines of what music in the "Bug" world, that is "being a bug", would sound like if there were bug composers/musicians. Oh well either way you look at it is fine
    Nicole Davis

In many ways I like this better than your "pretty" music. I find music like this very interesting. I don't know if it's the rythmns or what, but this reminds me a little bit of the ragtime you posted.
    Trent P. McDonald

Glad you were bitten by a creative bug to write this. Enjoyed the bug music (the Beetles were bug musicians too! ).

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast