• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Giga, MachFive and Kontact Samplers?

Share/Bookmark

Giga, MachFive and Kontact Samplers?

One of my downfalls is not having much knowledge and experience with samplers such as listed above. From what I've read they all claim superiority over the other in on way or another. If anyone could give me some insight and your experiences with one or more in comparison I would be grateful. Or, maybe there is something else out there more applicable across the board using GOS, GOSlite and GPO?
    Especially, anyone have experience with MachFive - "The Universal Sampler"?

Thanks.

Re: Giga, MachFive and Kontact Samplers?

Styxx,

If you want it to load GPO, Kontakt is currently your only option...

I've also ported over a lot of my GOS into Kontakt and have not run into any problems with it translating so, you are also good there.

Giga's not bad, but if you want it to seriously compare today, you'd need GS3 and I'm assuming you've seen all the stuff here with that so...

MachFive is Mac only I believe, so that's a consideration...

I have both Kontakt and Giga and only use Kontakt now, so, for what that's worth, that's where I currently stand...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Exclamation Re: Giga, MachFive and Kontact Samplers?

If it's for Mac only it doesn't sound very "universal" (considering Mac has like 5% of the personal computer market)!

imho ... KevinKauai

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    (considering Mac has like 5% of the personal computer market)!
    True....but a MUCH HIGHER percentage in professional music studios use MAC. Pro Tools is still king even though you might not think it even exists on this forum. Pro Tools is used on a much higher percentage of Macs.

If I sound like a die hard Mac'er, I am (not) sort of...anymore..... Just bought my first PC a month ago and about to buy another as a dedicated sampler. (either Kontakt or Giga3)

And I quote; "Because MackFive supports every major sudio production platform on both Macintosh and Windows (MAS, VST, Ausio Units, HTDM, RTAS and DXi)" Page 82 Sweetwater progerar 2004.
    However, I feel Alan has a point with GPO use with Kontakt. I guess I am just looking for the cats meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    And I quote; "Because MackFive supports every major sudio production platform on both Macintosh and Windows (MAS, VST, Ausio Units, HTDM, RTAS and DXi)" Page 82 Sweetwater progerar 2004.
    However, I feel Alan has a point with GPO use with Kontakt. I guess I am just looking for the cats meow.
    Styxx, just because it has DXi support, which is a "Windows' platform" doesn't mean that MachFive will actually run on Windows. The above is worded funny, and probably done so to make you think it's "universal".

Subliminal Message: go with Kontakt... go with Kontakt....

I would be very surprised if it runs on windows, seeing how it's made by MOTU, the makers of Digital Performer, which is Mac only. If they were going to make anything of there's Windows compatible, it should be that seeing how there are less sequesncers on PC than there is on Mac - and more samplers for PC than there is Mac (GigaStudio anyone...?)

Subliminal Message: go with Kontakt... go with Kontakt....

But I've been wrong before, and will probably be proven so again here...

Subliminal PS: go with Kontakt... go with Kontakt....
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

I went to bed last night and in a dream I heard a voice, "Go with kontakt, go with kontakt..."

Hey! I had the same dream a few days ago and if I remember right it was Alan's voice then too.

Someone kept saying: "Go with Kontakt, go with Kontakt."

So I'm going to sell the wife and kid and do just that.

OK Alan I did it! Now, can this be used in two systems, say my home studio and my commercial studio? AND....and that's a BIG "AND." Will I be able to use this to record my own percussion samples when not at the studio? Also, does this come with coffee maker and knockwurst? I really love German Potato salad does it come with it as well? Or, at least a recipe book on how to?
    Kind of excited and broke now but hey, a guy has to play! Now I can write a stylish money making popular type Beatle song!
    Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until Mugsie and Malone knock off another McDonalds till I can afford your Acoustic Bass Guitar Library. Sacrifices always sacrifices!
    On the other hand...wait, not that hand it's broken, yeah, the other hand. I can finally load GOSlite.
    So, any technical suggestions for a not so witty PC user (or better yet...abuser)?

Yes, I think you are authorized two installations of Kontakt (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) Also, Kontakt is a full fledged sampler as well. You should be able to set it up to record your percussion samples and also turn them into usable Kontakt instruments once the process is complete.

Don't feel bad, I've compiled a list of the things I want and its like a mile wide. This music thing is terrible, it's like some kind of money pit addiction. I keep throwing money in, and nothing comes out! Terrible.

Also, I'm pretty sure GOSlite loads into Kontakt pretty well and if you have issues Gary or one of these top notch forum users will help get you going.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast