• Register
  • Help

Topic: ? Halion Import Native Instruments Piano File?

Share/Bookmark

Question ? Halion Import Native Instruments Piano File?

ArtVista is close to releasing their Steinway B samples. This is my favorite piano of all time. The first format will probably be Native Instruments.

Does anyone know if Halion 3 can import large files in Native Instruments format, without losing functions?

DavidH

Re: ? Halion Import Native Instruments Piano File?

Quote Originally Posted by David Ferris
    ArtVista is close to releasing their Steinway B samples. This is my favorite piano of all time. The first format will probably be Native Instruments.

Does anyone know if Halion 3 can import large files in Native Instruments format, without losing functions?

DavidH
    you will lose some settings.

A serious programmed Piano with alot of features can't be imported easily.

Kontakt is unable to reproduce the "Piano release mode" of Gigastudio or the overlap function of Halion 3 and release mode of Halion 3.
    (Xavier have a soluce with the Kontakt's voice groups but it's not so good as the overlap function of Halion 3)

So if you import a Kontakt Pianos, you will have to reprogram it to enjoy the new features of Halion 3 to reproduce the behaviour of a real piano.

Programming a sampled Piano is hard and take time. And it's better to be a pianist to do such work or a good developper as Worra or M. Post.

Olivier

www.audiolivepro.com

Thanks to Olivier

Olivier,

Thanks so much. That's just what I wanted to know.

DavidH

Go Back to forum