• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: 2nd try To TASCAM: Will there ever be a solution to msg32 errors and blue screens?

Share/Bookmark

2nd try To TASCAM: Will there ever be a solution to msg32 errors and blue screens?

and: under which circumstances/hardware configs do these errors occur most? Haven\'t you done any exploration into this? People want to know in order to avoid instability!
    GS is unstable and costs a lot.
    When will there be any more information and obvious attempt to get it stable?

WIP

Re: 2nd try To TASCAM: Will there ever be a solution to msg32 errors and blue screens?

WIP,
    Sorry, but I\'m not from Tascam, and they\'re probably not going to answer this question in this forum anyway.

I\'m interested. What is this all about? I\'m new to GigaSampler, but I\'ve had it up and running for about 4 weeks now and it\'s been quite easy for me (mostly) to have it run.

I haven\'t seen any BSODs at all. What are you seeing?

If this is some long standign thread, I apologize, but \'d like to hear what\'s going on...

Thanks,
    Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark_Knecht (edited 02-12-2002).]

Re: 2nd try To TASCAM: Will there ever be a solution to msg32 errors and blue screens?

Did you ever notice: When you put the 2 words \"The\" and \"IRS\" together
    it spells \"THEIRS\"?

sorry, wrong reply.

I have been using Giga for some time now and find it very stable...in win98se before and now win2K. I can\'t make it crash.

Jim

Well sometimes and not on every system GS produces blue screens or an MSG32.EXE error. Both force you to restart your system. It is very unclear when this instability occurs and when not. There are lots of threads on this topic alreaedy. Just type \"msg32\" when you search for old mails in the forum. And now that the new version 2.5 is out. These errors still occur as one could read in this forum recently. I even do not know if the developers know of this error themselves.

WIP

Yes, I agree.... GS is not as stable as it ought to be.
    Strangely, my crashes seem to occur _not_ when I\'m playing music... even with high polyphony, but during loading of gigaperformances or gigainstruments, and during editing of instruments.
    I can understand that during playing, there might be great demands on a computer, and that in some cases you might crash when approaching the limits of the machine... though there should really be some graceful way of coping with this.
    But during editing or loading, I think it\'s unacceptable that the system crashes. This would just seem to be an issue of incorrect file management or memory management, and Tascam owes it to us to spend the time to fix it. It can\'t be that hard.
    Gabriel

I understand your frustration..
    My Msg32 error was mostly apparent trying to run giga and logic on the same machine.
    Once I separated them I didn\'t see that message on 98se or Xp.. I believe that error message is essentially the driver that gives us that very low latency... It is enabled when windows boots. The easiest test of this is.. Both my systems run a Motu 2408 Pci card. They are Gsif, and Asio complient.
    If I ctrl-alt-del on both systems. I can see Logic and the Asio driver in the task manager.. I can shut both of them down and reboot the programs right away..
    In the giga system I can see giga and the dredded Msg32.exe. I can shut down the giga.exe but not the Msg32...
    At this point the audio card will always need to be rebooted from scratch.
    I even tried a quick restart with the shift button down.. This does not restart the audio card for giga.
    I guess it\'s the price we gotta pay for that near nil latency.
    I know all puters crash at one time or another. Before I realized a couple of plugs weren\'t Xp compadible, Logic crashed.
    So I clicked on the logic.exe again after and away it went.
    It would be nice that if/when Giga crashed we could just restart the program and not reboot. That\'s the real piss off, is waiting for windows to reboot.
    Brian

[This message has been edited by seclusion (edited 02-12-2002).]

WIP,

They\'re well aware of the problem, or at least they should be -- from all of my emails and calls (most of which have gone unacknowledged/ignored, I may add). In the past, when I did receive a response, their reply was something to the effect of \"check out these third-party websites about stuff to configure your hardware and stuff.\" That\'s an evasion, not an answer.

GS is a wonderful thing when it works, but it\'s extremely unstable and thus, poorly coded -- this is not acceptable for a professionally-oriented piece of software. My sincerest hope is that now that they\'re under the Tascam banner, and with Win2000 & XP versions, they\'ll finally get their crap together.

BTW, ever seen this error while trying to load a .gsp file:

\"An error occured whilst trying to load the file. [ok]\"

What the @#?! kind of message is that???

ARE YOU LISTENING GIGASTUDIO/TASCAM???!!! GET GS STABLE!!!

Check your systems! I\'ve had my three GS systems running for many months with no crashes at all.

Many software developers publish a list of hardware configurations which have been confirmed to work with their software. GS does this for sound cards but not for the computer itself.
    I\'d probably feel ok about buying another computer to run GS if I knew what to buy, but word of mouth really doesn\'t cut it here. I can imagine buying another system on the recommendation of people on this forum, but finding that even that system crashes, since no-one seems to know why the problems occur.
    Are there really only a few people who have had problems of this kind? Maybe a lot of people just buy libraries and never edit the instruments (which is where I run into problems with crashes)...or maybe only 20 copies of GS have ever been sold... or maybe no-one wants to complain, and just make do, or maybe there are only a few GS owners on this forum and the majority of GS owners haven\'t found their way here yet.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast