• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reshaping the modwheel

Share/Bookmark

Reshaping the modwheel

Is there a way to redraw the modulation of a track to obtain a smoother effect? What a pain that is to redraw! You people know what I mean cause I feel pretty stupid right about now. That pencil icon in Cubase is very exasperating to say the least. Any insight? Any tips, leans or fall over the side suggestions?

Re: Reshaping the modwheel

Here's what I do...

I leave the rough mod wheel data in place as I make the song, but when its over I turn off the snap data and quatizing and then you can draw pretty smooth modwheel data into Cubase. (note: this applies to the bundled cubase, so I don't know how much good it'll do ya since you're using SE.)

Hmmm, never thought of that. I shall try tonight.

Hey Styxx,I don't know if you have Sonar but if you do you can try what I have been doing lately. On each piano roll track draw One mod wheel setting to about 75 then I return to the main track screen and set up a volume envelope. I enter node points were needed then I can control the volume very quickly between tracks . You can set the lines between the node points with straight or curved lines. With this method you can fade to 0, If you notice you can't do that with the Mod wheel. This method is not for people who use the mod wheel when playing in the the notes . I hope this makes sense.

Hi musicman!
    No Sonar at home as of yet. I just picked up full kontakt. Right now I am using Cubase SE and it's quite comfortable yet I am still learning. I wonder if the same can be implemented in Cubase Se?
    Thanks and good to hear from you.
    PS-Did you receive a PM or email from Shazbot?

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hi musicman!
    No Sonar at home as of yet. I just picked up full kontakt. Right now I am using Cubase SE and it's quite comfortable yet I am still learning. I wonder if the same can be implemented in Cubase Se?
    Thanks and good to hear from you.
    PS-Did you receive a PM or email from Shazbot?
    Cubase does not have volume evelopes, and no one has contacted me .Good luck with your music

Hallo Styxx,

I use the line or even better the parabel tool to draw the modwheel controller data. I think it is much easier than the pencil. How many steps your drawing inserts, you can control with the quantization (I normaly use 16th).

regards
    Rainer

Quote Originally Posted by RainerVolkenandt
    Hallo Styxx,

I use the line or even better the parabel tool to draw the modwheel controller data. I think it is much easier than the pencil. How many steps your drawing inserts, you can control with the quantization (I normaly use 16th).

regards
    Rainer
    Thanks, However I probably should have said what I am using first, Cubases Se. Still, it should be similar right? I will check this out.

Styxx, this will work the same in SE... the quantize amount will define the detail in your data.

I draw in with the pencil, I found it gives me the most control IMHO.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum