• Register
  • Help

Topic: Call for arranger - Latin Jazz needed in film

Share/Bookmark

Call for arranger - Latin Jazz needed in film

Hey all,

I've gotten an inquiry about doing a latin Jazz arrangement of the jazz standard "Heart" (originally from the musical "Damn Yankees"). This is for a tiny budget film, and they will need it soon. I am too busy, and not so familiar with the style, so I thought I would see if anyone here was interested, since I feel like I know some of you already.

The style needs to be an upbeat fun Latin Jazz vocal piece, with more or less the feel of the old Peggy Lee version. I found a clip of it on amazon.com at:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...356412-6687819, though it is mislabled as "The Boy From Ipanema." Of course the arranger would be supplied with the original sheet music to work from.

If anyone out there feels up to it, and would like to get an arranging credit in a small film, please PM me. They'd like a draft within two weeks, and a final within six, so please reply only if you feel up to this schedule. There is probably little or no pay for the arranger, but you may be able to get them to cover expenses.

Moderators, please let me know if this sort of post is inappropriate for the forum. I just wanted to offer something to the community.

Jamie
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: Call for arranger - Latin Jazz needed in film

Since I may not have been totally clear, they want a finished instrumental recording, not written music. So at least a fairly realistic virtual band/orchestra recording.
    - Jamie Kowalski

Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw

Moderators, please let me know if this sort of post is inappropriate for the forum. I just wanted to offer something to the community.
    Jamie,

This sort of post is most welcome here. We have a talented people here and I appreciate your offering this opportunity to the GPO community.

If I only had time I would be interested myself

Gary Garritan

Question Re: Call for arranger - Latin Jazz needed in film

Unclear, Jamie. You said "finished instrumental recording". Who supplies the female vocal?

tia ... KevinKauai

They supply the singer. The arranger just leaves a little sonic room for it.
    - Jamie Kowalski

Go Back to forum