• Register
  • Help

Topic: A little Scherzo and Fugue

Share/Bookmark

Smile A little Scherzo and Fugue

Here's a little piece I composed with GPO. I'm having such fun with GPO and would like to thank Mr. Garritan again for a wonderful library that is simple enough for amateurs to use.

http://www.thecatcottage.com/ScherzoEnFuga.mp3

Regards

LouisD

Re: A little Scherzo and Fugue

You've gone and done it again Louis. You never cease to amaze me. This type of song isn't usually my cup of tea, but I actually like this one. But I'm still not converted yet. Great job.

I really like this! Not only for the composition, but also the orchestration is excellent! Your use of the woodwinds I find especially nice (also rather helpful to me as I am learning how to write for them as we speak). I wonder if Gary would post this on his site. I think it reflects well on your abilities as well as gives a good demonstration of what can be achieved with GPO. Personally, I never thought there were enough demos that showed off the winds. Great Work!!!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Personally, I never thought there were enough demos that showed off the winds. Great Work!!!

Which is sad because the winds in GPO are excellent. I agree, I think this would make an excellent addition to the demo's page.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisD
    Here's a little piece I composed with GPO. I'm having such fun with GPO and would like to thank Mr. Garritan again for a wonderful library that is simple enough for amateurs to use.

http://www.thecatcottage.com/ScherzoEnFuga.mp3

Regards

LouisD
    This is a wonderful little piece you did. The composition and the orchestration is very well done. The fun you mentioned you are having comes through in your music.

I agree with Brian about your use of the woodwinds. You did a remarkable job with the winds.

Would you mind if this is posted on the GPO site?

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Gary Garritan

This was fantastic!
    I really have to agree with everyone else. Your treatment with the woodwinds was amazing.

Thanks for sharing this!!

Jerry

Those winds certainly do sound very nice.

Wow! I'm really amazed that someone like this little piece. Thank you for all the nice comments. Mr. Garritan, I would be more than honored if this finds its way onto your site!

I'm a flautist myself, so the woodwinds generally play a big part in my musical thought. And the really beautiful sound of the GPO woodwinds makes it a real pleasure writing for them.

If someone is interested in looking at the score you can find it here in PDF format. It's very basic and contains a couple of typos and no dynamic signs, but the notes are all there.

http://www.thecatcottage.com/ScherzoEnFuga.pdf

Thanks again for listening.

LouisD

Go Back to forum