• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSL Epic Horns or Project SAMS Trio Section Bundle ???

Share/Bookmark

VSL Epic Horns or Project SAMS Trio Section Bundle ???

I'm in two minds as to whether to get the Epic Horns or go for Project SAMS Trio Section.

I would love to get anyone's feedback as to what Project SAMS samples perform in EXS II format, are there any performance tools (as such) for project Sam for the EXS format ??

Or should I be looking at VSL's Epic Horns?? I have OPUS 1 and I do like it, and the demos of the Epic Horns are impressive, BUT the SAMS Trio Bundle are Impressive also after listening to each section's demo's....

Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Regards, Max67

Re: VSL Epic Horns or Project SAMS Trio Section Bundle ???

Well isn't the epic horns only a french horn ensemble while the Sams trio section is trumpets, trombones, and french horns. What are you looking for? A partially complete brass section or just french horns (admittedly french horns that sound pretty darn good.)

I just ordered VSL Epic Horns yesterday, and will have them on Friday (I'll have SAM Solo Sessions Brass later today, actually). I'll post a short review of Epic Horns sometime this weekend to give you some information. By the demos of Epic Horns, I think it will be an incredible library. It really sounds huge.

Mike

Joseph,

I'm after the "Big" Sounds and they both appeal to me... If I am to get Project SAM I might as well get the trio bundle. But I know that VSL has good programming in the performance tools....

I realise that Epic Horns are Horns only... but in terms of completeness and easier programming for EXS II, I'm not sure which would be advantageous?

Has people used Project SAM under EXS II and if so how programmable are they in terms of legato & repititions, etc...??

Regards, Max67

if you're after big sounds vsl epic horns is your friend.

Go Back to forum