• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mr. Garritan and Co.: Do you prefer web or e-mail based tech questions?

Share/Bookmark

Talking Mr. Garritan and Co.: Do you prefer web or e-mail based tech questions?

The title says it all...I just received my GPO and I know that I'll be filled with technical questions. (I'm a practical pinata of questions...just tap me and out they come!) I want to do everything in my power to help you help me. Thus...would it be easier for you and your staff to receive e-mail or web-based technical queries?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Mr. Garritan and Co.: Do you prefer web or e-mail based tech questions?

Hi Imagegod!

Well you might try here first. There are a lot of very helpful folk who dwell here who are always willing to help out. Sometimes the best tech support staff is other users. I think you will find that the people here are very anxious and willing to help and so is Gary. Welcome to the family!

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

That's mighty kind of you, stranger!

Thank-ye.

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod
    The title says it all...I just received my GPO and I know that I'll be filled with technical questions. (I'm a practical pinata of questions...just tap me and out they come!) I want to do everything in my power to help you help me. Thus...would it be easier for you and your staff to receive e-mail or web-based technical queries?

Thanks for your help!
    Hi imagegod,

For tech calls, my preference is a phone call. Computers, software, soundcards, Midi, configurations, settings, operating systems, etc. - can get complicated. Each person's system and setup is different. Sometimes a problem can be identified more easily on the phone. More often than not the problem is non-GPO related and we wind up helping people with their sequencer or sound card. But that's fine too as we want to get every GPO owner making great music.

The interaction on the phone best identifies what a problem could be in the quickest manner possible. With writing, there can be many delayed exchanges before one gets to the heart of the matter. Email is fine since it focuses on your particular issue. The advantage of posting is that other GPO users can help. And GPO users are the most helpful group of people you would ever meet.

Gary Garritan

Hi and welcome to the show!
    If all else fails, there is a back up system...Carrier Seagulls. It's a little slow but the birds get right to Gary's doorstep.
    Stick around...things are just beginning! This is a great place with tons of wonderful, friendly, intelligent, witty, and just plain ol’ helpful people!
    Styxx

Oh, have you met Styxx??? LOL
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Thumbs up Re: Mr. Garritan and Co.: Do you prefer web or e-mail based tech questions?

What did someone say about the 'kindness of strangers'? Your feedback is most welcome.

And just to let you know...there is an upside to being a pinata...sometimes candy falls out! (But lets not carry this metaphor too far).

Thanks again...I'll be installing everything this weekend, so I'm sure Monday will be chock-full of questions.

Cool Re: Mr. Garritan and Co.: Do you prefer web or e-mail based tech questions?

And until that time, my face will be stuck in the 'Garritan Guide'...thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by imagegod
    And until that time, my face will be stuck in the 'Garritan Guide'...thanks again.
    Dr. Solomon to lance that for you when you are ready.
    Styxx

Man you crack me up. That was unexpected.

Go Back to forum