• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Any Kontakt 2.0 rumors?

Share/Bookmark

Any Kontakt 2.0 rumors?

Just wondered if anyone had heard any rumors about what might be in it.

All I've heard is a release date of late this year. (Given past history, I'm not holding my breath )

Sure hope they fix the SMP issues.
    - Layne

Re: Any Kontakt 2.0 rumors?

I'm also curious. I'm about to invest in the full blown version of Kontakt and I'd like to know what kind of pricing structure is in place for upgrades (assuming there will be upgrade pricing at all.)

Smile Re: Any Kontakt 2.0 rumors?

Yea, i`ve been wondering whats gonna be in 2.0 too!! I think is gonna be alot of new stuff. Maybe theyll integrate the DFD.dll better and add some legato type things for Orchestral libs. and pianos and stuff. If there smart there gonna work with VSL and E/W a little closer to accomodate there needs. I hope it has a facelift too that makes i easier for the programmers. Ohh, and u better believe that you`ll pay for and upgrade (unless u buy it jsut before they release it of coarse..). Any ideas anyone, or what u`d like to see in 2.0?? Rich

Like I said in my original post, I'd really like to stop having to disable the multiprocessor engine in Sonar in order to run more than one instance of Kontakt. Somehow, I'm not real optimistic on this, but one can hope.

Other than that, I agree with Rich that the UI could use an overhaul. I'd really like to see is a Kompakt type view for playback mode. I generally use Kontakt instead of the players for EWQLSO, GPO, etc. but I hate having to dig into edit mode just to see the note mappings or key-switch notes. Plus having the easy access to some of the more commonly tweeked parameters the way Kompakt does would be nice.

Then, If I want to drill down and do some serious programming, give me a new and improved version of the traditional Kontakt view.

Of course the real technical challenge will be adding that second eight channels to the Kompakt screen!
    - Layne

Quote Originally Posted by Layne
    Of course the real technical challenge will be adding that second eight channels to the Kompakt screen!
    I know what u mean Lance, but its not really a huge deal. Opening multiple instances of Kompakt to get 16 or 24 chn. isnt a major hassle for me. Id love it if they could get the streaming abit better. its not bad, but just optimize it. I hope there working on that, or a have a RAMSAVE (like hal 3) feature where only the samples u used are utilized. I hope KingIdiot goes for the Kontakt 2 beta team. Hes got some great ideas..Rich

I hope they allow one to load 64 channels in one instance instead of 16 (like GigaStudio), so you can load an orchestra. We'll see.

I piss too many people off to be on too many beta teams now. Plus I've spread myself a little thin so I cant seem to help as much as I want to, so its all good.

too bad I'm also BROKE right now so I can go about buying upgrades and crap. I actually think I wont go for Giga 3 right now because I cant afford it.
    Operation Mindcrime 2, in stores now.
    or go here...
    The Digital Bitphonic Orchestra
    -Ashif "Ash" Hakik

Quote Originally Posted by KingIdiot
    I piss too many people off to be on too many beta teams now. Plus I've spread myself a little thin so I cant seem to help as much as I want to, so its all good.

too bad I'm also BROKE right now so I can go about buying upgrades and crap. I actually think I wont go for Giga 3 right now because I cant afford it.
    Hmm. thats a shame KI. U could kick [nss][nss][nss] on K2 if they`d take your advice. Well, u`ve stated lot of yur sugestions already, hopefuly they`ll take heed!! Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Pell
    I know what u mean Lance, but its not really a huge deal. Opening multiple instances of Kompakt to get 16 or 24 chn. isnt a major hassle for me. Id love it if they could get the streaming abit better. its not bad, but just optimize it. I hope there working on that, or a have a RAMSAVE (like hal 3) feature where only the samples u used are utilized. I hope KingIdiot goes for the Kontakt 2 beta team. Hes got some great ideas..Rich
    It's a big deal for me with the SMP bug. I don't run into problems as long as I have only one instance running. I just hate having that lazy second cpu sitting idly by.

BTW - I'm Layne .... Lance is my evil twin
    - Layne

Quote Originally Posted by Layne
    It's a big deal for me with the SMP bug. I don't run into problems as long as I have only one instance running. I just hate having that lazy second cpu sitting idly by.

BTW - I'm Layne .... Lance is my evil twin
    yea i know Kontakt isnt optimized for that yet. Sorry i was tired when i what typing you name Layne....!!! I hope Kontakt 2 impresses..Rich

Go Back to forum