• Register
  • Help

Topic: The follow-up to the Malmsjo Piano

Share/Bookmark

The follow-up to the Malmsjo Piano

I remember there was a new grand piano (from Hans Adamson of the Malmsjo Grand fame) being made - when I heard the demos I decided that was the piano I was gonna wait for - any news of when it will be finished so can buy it?!

Unhappy Re: The follow-up to the Malmsjo Piano

Quote Originally Posted by brewick
    I remember there was a new grand piano (from Hans Adamson of the Malmsjo Grand fame) being made - when I heard the demos I decided that was the piano I was gonna wait for - any news of when it will be finished so can buy it?!

I think sometime ago Hans said he's waiting for the release of Giga 3.

Sad, I know. ..

Re: The follow-up to the Malmsjo Piano

Malmsjo has a special sound. Personally, I don't like it at all. I realized why, not so long ago.

My parents has had a Malmsjo piano at home for as long as I've been around. The piano sounds alright, but my dad is a terrible pianist, although he likes to play - alot. One musician in town played me piece he had done, and I actually almost got chills from it, although the piece was fine. He was using the sampled Malmsjo piano. I actually didn't realize that it was the Malmsjo until after discussing with him what he had used. When I listened back to the piece a few times, there was no doubt - I simply dislike the sound of Malmsjo due to my father's enthusiasm at the keys when I was a kid

Funny how seemingly casual influences can make you relate to certain timbres in such distinct ways

Re: The follow-up to the Malmsjo Piano

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy
    I think sometime ago Hans said he's waiting for the release of Giga 3.

Sad, I know. ..

Oh no, please not!!

Go Back to forum