• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS 2.54, performance tool & remote network

Share/Bookmark

Question GS 2.54, performance tool & remote network

i'm running GS 2.54. one of my sample libraries is the opus 1 with the performance tool. runs fine on my giga machine UNLESS i use remote network to control everything from the same keyboard. when this happens, the performance tool will not fire up. i get a message saying "driver not installed." anyone have a similar problem. i guess turning my head 90 degrees and keeping that extra keyboard and mouse lying around are fine, but the remote networking would be ideal. i use it now for a thrid computer running EWQLSO and it works fine.

cheers.

jagward

Re: GS 2.54, performance tool & remote network

What are you using for remoting the machine? Software or hardware remote, and which exactly?

just using the windows xpPro built-in remote network function. also have a KVM switch i've been using, but i'm not really diggin it.

how bout you?

I'm using a KVM to switch PCs. Had realVNC before. You could give that a try too (free tool, just google for it).

don't forget to set the option *play sound on the remote machine* otherwise there are no GSIF drivers available. on some configurations it might be neccessary to edit the drivers32 section in the registry and add the wave device manually to the Terminal Server/RDP entries.
    christian
    btw: just for fun i've tried it over the internet using MoL to send midi, dosn't make much sense, but works ...

Go Back to forum