• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: end of July...

Share/Bookmark

end of July...

any news about the release of GS3 in July? Do you know if it's confirmed end of July?

Wink Re: end of July...

Confirmed...? That's a good one.

Giga...

Re: end of July...

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    Confirmed...? That's a good one.

Giga...
    oh sorry giga cacca , have I said something wrong?

Talking Re: end of July...

Gigagagga seems to be the proverbial sceptic ....

Oengus, Doogie...

All i meant was. Out in April...May...June...July................

I mean come on you must find the notion of Tascam/Nemysis telling us now a "confirmed" date a little funny?

their web site still says the "End of June" for Christs sake.

don't be such an [nss][nss][nss]

and yes i am a sceptic. I think there are more customer friendly ways of dealing with the public. Think, Ableton or Propellerheads, or spectrasonics

communication is possible, Tascam just chooses not to.

Pardon me for noticing...

Giga...

I totaly agree!!!

I agree too.
    I'm not really impatient, that's not the problem : I'm expecting my Halion3 upgrade package (hopefully tomorrow) so I'll be busy for some time with converting a few things I left aside for this upgrade... and discovering alternation, legato, fxs, etc.
    BUT I get tired of Tascam's attitude : once in a while they come here, make tons of announcements, promise that from now they will care for customers and will play the game transparently.
    Pure C.r.a.p : after this, they vanish, re-appear a while again to confess that there will be some delay, give new deadlines, and vanish again.
    What I noticed is that since a few days now, questions are asked here, and Mr Synthetic keeps away, not even one word.
    I'm not naive enough to suppose that he is sooooo busy that he has not got a single minute to even superficially scan the posts here (or if he stays away, it's very unprofessionnal.... unless he's hired by Tascam also to prepair the packages for shipping, and the ham'n cheese sandwiches for the testers ?).
    No, I guess he probably scans here, but he also very probably fears that now the critical level of credibility is reached, if he was to post a new announcement about a "slight delay".
    I hope i'm wrong, but, as Giggagagga, i'm the skeptical kind....
    Please Tascam prove me wrong !
    -----
    Anyway, if so, it's really considering customers like fools....
    I was once enthusiastic about getting this upgrade, but if more delay is to be acknowledged, and if Hal 3 gives me enough (with the help of very good PristineSpace), I'm not so sure any longer to be willing to upgrade.
    And please, Tascam zelators always ready to instantly flame down anyone expressing doudt, or disapointment, do me the favor to suppose that this saying is NOT any kind of threat : I'm not naive enough either to think only one minute that Tascam will give a sh... about my humble $349 upgrade ticket.
    It's just that I'm getting fed up with all this comedy.... and that real libraries (not vaporware) are waiting for me and my bucks now, out there.
    ----
    And really I do NOT blame, even one split second, the developers in this matter, I suppose it's a very hard task to make a great streaming software, and hats off for such work and skills (I would not be able to do even 1/10 000 of what they do).
    No, I'd rather blame the Tascam's heads, for not giving enough investment to their R.D department, and their marketing people, for this absolutely unforgivable/disrespectful behavior.

Exclamation Re: end of July...

Quote Originally Posted by sirbellog
    I was once enthusiastic about getting this upgrade, but if more delay is to be acknowledged, and if Hal 3 gives me enough (with the help of very good PristineSpace), I'm not so sure any longer to be willing to upgrade.
    I've been running HAL 2, Kontakt 1.5.3 and Pristine Space for some time now. It's nice to have total VST(i) integration, and the ability to do a faster-than-realtime render. Plus Kontakt can do tricks that nothing else can, and HALion 3 promises to have some nifty tricks and killer effects. (I'm a day or so away from receiving my upgrade - should've gotten it delivered 2-day air )

However, I just installed and registered GS160 so I can have the option to do the $50 upgrade some day. It really comes down to the stability of the platform and libraries that support it. I still have aspirations to eventually get one of the big orchestral libraries, but if VSL goes to HAL3 or Kontakt, I might just uninstall GS for good.

Regardless, everyone will have to wait for the end of July to see what's real and what's not. They'll either deliver a product or deliver excuses. Let's wait until then to pass judgement.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    Regardless, everyone will have to wait for the end of July to see what's real and what's not. They'll either deliver a product or deliver excuses. Let's wait until then to pass judgement.
    Houston,
    even if they deliver on time, my personal opinion about their lack of care is already made : why remaining silent only when they want to, why not upgrading their site ?
    They seem to behave exactly now, as they did when "the Cowboy" was in charge of their site, and they denied month after month about the wavestream error bug (before at last delivering a fix)
    The clean-good-thinking people will tell you that it's because they are busy working for us and that it's not fair to disturb them.....
    I don't buy this : we are talking of a multi-national plant here, not the small developer at the next corner, whose wife does the accounting.
    They should have someone to take care of the minimum level of relations with the customer base... that's to say here, since for now they do not have even their own forum any more....
    ----
    As for Kontakt, I own it (took advantage of a crossgrade offer one year ago) and this sampler's streaming and stability on my PC is quite okay in its current version.
    Unfortunately, its Giga conversion is IMO far from perfect, the GUI is terrible, and the user manual everything but useful, which makes tweaking for me an out-of-reach thing..... A really friendly and complete tutorial would be welcome !
    So I stick to Halion, which I find intuitive, stable, converting well, and well integrated.
    And alternation and legato are 2 features I'm really looking forward to !

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    Oengus, Doogie...

their web site still says the "End of June" for Christs sake.

Giga...
    Gigagagga, don't get me wrong, but if you go to www.tascamgiga.com under
    "Support and Service" then under " General " then look for the Gigastudio 3 FAQ
    wich states
    " When is GigaStudio 3 shipping?

GigaStudio 3 is projected to ship at the end of July, 2004 "

I also agree to some point with you( ...a little sceptical myself ) that TASCAM
    lacks of information and so on... I think we should be also positive thinking in some way, hope should never be gone

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast