• Register
  • Help

Topic: One of my favorite themes

Share/Bookmark

One of my favorite themes

Hi Friends,

I would like to share with you one of my favorite themes taken from Brahms 4th Symphony, 2nd Movement. It is the subordinate theme which is carried by the celli and moves me to tears almost everytime I hear it. This is a rendering using dry GPO with ambience set to Concert Hall 2. I hope that you enjoy this theme as much as I do, and will forgive any real difficulties in the rendering.

Brahms 4th Symphony - 2nd Movement - Subordinate Theme

Thumbs up Re: One of my favorite themes

Hi seeker,
    Is this your first with GPO? I don't believe we ever met. Nice to have you and I like your rendition of this work.
    This is very nice. Maybe just a bit more sharpness in the melody but all in all, very sweet!
    Styxx

Re: One of my favorite themes

Thanks for your welcome, Styxx,

Actually, this is now the second submission, the first was just minutes before for the Worst Sounding Contest. I also just realized that I probably posted this in the wrong area of the forum. Sorry, Gary, if you prefer to move me, I certainly understand. Thanks again.

Re: One of my favorite themes

Good work! Brahms is so amazing. I would agree with Styxx that the melody could use a bit more clarity. I would also recommend tweaking the tempo a bit to get that romantic rubato feeling. Just a little push/pull can really make it come alive. I'm not sure what the articulations actually are, but there were a few moments where the first violins could really benefit from the legato.

Go Back to forum