• Register
  • Help

Topic: Buzzing/ringing sound after a while

Share/Bookmark

Buzzing/ringing sound after a while

I've noticed that after playing Gigastudio for a while, a strange buzzing/ringing sound will often be heard in conjunction with the samples. It seems like it's probably related to NFX, because so far, it's only ever happened to instruments which have NFX enabled at the time. When the problem occurs, I can get rid of it by removing the effect. If I then re-enabled the effect, that works fine too. (at least for a while)

Environment:
    Gigastudio 2.54.00
    Windows XP SP1
    M-Audio Delta 66

Anyone else noticed this? I can upload a recording of the artifact if required.

Greg Sullivan.
    http://www.virtualcreations.com.au/gs/

Re: Buzzing/ringing sound after a while

I've uploaded a recording of the artifact to: http://www.virtualcreations.com.au/g...o_artifact.htm

This recording was made inside Gigastudio itself, using it's own audio capture function. (I trimmed leading and trailing silence off in a seperate audio file editor, though)

The sound is the Rhodes which is supplied with Gigastudio. ("pe Rhodes Slow.gig"), playing middle C.

Greg.

Yep. It happens to me with the NFX chorus. Makes a fender rhodes sound all alias-y. Don't know what triggers it, but choosing the effect again by clicking on the effect name button at the top of the NFX chorus window resets the effect, and the glitch goes away (until next time it happens).

Anybody know what causes it?

GS160 2.54.109.3764.xn.6530.08.09 (kidding. I'm KIDDING!)
    soon to be GS3 (remember- "soon" is relative )
    2.4Ghz P4
    2Gig ram
    blah blah stuff blah blah.

Ah, thanks - I was beginning to think I was the only person who had this problem!

I've submitted a support call to Tascam, of course.

Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by grandstaff
    Yep. It happens to me with the NFX chorus. Makes a fender rhodes sound all alias-y. Don't know what triggers it, but choosing the effect again by clicking on the effect name button at the top of the NFX chorus window resets the effect, and the glitch goes away (until next time it happens).

Anybody know what causes it?

GS160 2.54.109.3764.xn.6530.08.09 (kidding. I'm KIDDING!)
    soon to be GS3 (remember- "soon" is relative )
    2.4Ghz P4
    2Gig ram
    blah blah stuff blah blah.

Go Back to forum