• Register
  • Help

Topic: PCM Question

Share/Bookmark

PCM Question

I\'ve been trying to find some information about PCM files and found this forum and thought I\'d post my question here since there\'s plenty of good information flowing here. I\'m trying to save a WAV file at a certain rate, (PCM 5,512 Hz, 8 Bit, Mono). The lowest I can go with Windows Sound Recorder is 8,000 Hz, 8 Bit Mono. I don\'t have any other audio editing software and was wondering if anyone here could point me in the right direction to find a way to convert WAV\'s to this format. Thanks in advance!

Re: PCM Question

It\'d be best to get an audio editor. SoundForge can Resample, as can Wavelab. I\'m sure there are freeware and shareware apps that can do this as well. Each will resample differently, and depending on the material some will sound better than others. Filters and compression can help as well.

5k 8bit Mono?

doing toy sounds?...hmmm but 8bit seems high for that. I\'m curious.

If you aren\'t doing toy sounds and are still doing computer based playback. Look into ADPCM compression. Either Microsoft or IMA. You may be able to use these formats in whatever you\'re doing the sounds for.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum