• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Another GPO Studio Suggestion

Share/Bookmark

Another GPO Studio Suggestion

Another simple, yet awfully handy, enhancement I'd like to see in GPO Studio... a "default" file that automatically loads when GPO Studio is started. For those who usually load the same file every time, it can be copied to "default.gpo" and auto-loaded every time. For those who prefer the way it is, if there is no "default.gpo" in the directory, then it starts with nothing loaded, just as it does now.

D.
    "He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds"
    --Psalm 147:3

Re: Another GPO Studio Suggestion

I like that idea - several programs do support this already, including most sequencers...

I'll make sure the thought gets to those that can actually do something about it... I couldn't program my way out of a tv guide not like the talents at Garritan anyway...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Thumbs up Re: Another GPO Studio Suggestion

Excellent idea.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Excellent idea.
    Indeed.
    Just that its ... kinda allready there!
    Save a .gpo file that you want as default as templates/empty.gpo file in your install directory.

There is no "automatic" way to do this however right now.
    The reason why the current empty.gpo is empty is that we didnt want GPO Studio to load 1.5 gigs of samples each time:

1) GPO Studio starts.
    2) you select file/new in the menu.

So please backup your old empty.gpo file before doing so.
    And place it back in the templates folder when you really want want to start from scratch.

Cheers
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Oh yeah...You're right. Thanks for the reminder.
    Styxx

I have another suggestion for GPO studio. When you are finished recording, the record window seems to always be "hidden" behind the GPO studio interface. It would be nice if it would remain on top of at least GPO studio if not have an option for it to "remain on top" of all windows. I am always thinking something screwed up when I cannot find it. Just a small observation.

One thing that bugs me is that whenever you close GPO Studio or load a new patch, you're prompted to save the current patch even if you've already saved it or if no changes have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue)
    Indeed.
    Just that its ... kinda allready there!
    Save a .gpo file that you want as default as templates/empty.gpo file in your install directory.
    David, thanks for the info on this, and the working workaround. I can see why you'd want to avoid loading a bunch of instruments every time you tried to do a "new" file. Perhaps in a future revision you can add the default feature in addition to the "empty.gpo", thus accomplishing both ends and making for a lot of user flexibility.

As I was trying this out, it occurred to me that, since .gpo is a file extension associated with GPO Studio, simply executing (ie double-clicking) the .gpo file should start GPO Studio and load that file. That is, in fact, what happens... so rather than defeat the ability to really start a fresh file, I'm now using a shortcut to my favorite .gpo file to start GPO studio. Works nicely.

Nice work, BTW.

D.
    "He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds"
    --Psalm 147:3

Quote Originally Posted by dancase
    it occurred to me that, since .gpo is a file extension associated with GPO Studio, simply executing (ie double-clicking) the .gpo file should start GPO Studio and load that file. That is, in fact, what happens... so rather than defeat the ability to really start a fresh file, I'm now using a shortcut to my favorite .gpo file to start GPO studio. Works nicely.
    It seems that the .gpo extension is an issue with browsers. There are .gpo files on the GPO Resource pages that people are reporting problems with downloading. Their system is seeing .gpo files as something else (rather than GPO Studio) and there may be a file association issue with browsers. Here's a link to a GPO file: http://www.garritan.com/mp3/TheSeventhSeal.gpo

Could you try the above link and see if it downloads? Perhaps the solution is to zip these files so the browser.

Thanks,

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum