• Register
  • Help

Topic: I hope this is dumb question

Share/Bookmark

I hope this is dumb question

I think you can only use the notation programs for same.. inother words if there was a way to trigger and perform to record, the sounds and available configurations added by the library of the "studio".
    It would be about wonderful enough to typify the Garritan "experience" for me to find another complete format of playable configurations, and configurable sets and all that stuff triggering more than one instrument simultaneously, from the midi controller,in real time as if to record audio with, etc.
    But the functionality of "studio", outside of being used in a notation type setting, is nil, as far as i am sure of, but i keep doubting and wondering if there isn't some way to access the studio instruments' groups, etc, with my midi controller
    So right now I am very overjoyed because my babydoll of a application for pc music/recording and sequencing, pasting ditties together every-which way imaginable AbletonLive is about ot support fully,MIDI-VST INSTRUMENTS!(GPO)
    and i say whoopee! its like the beginning of the end of my madness/ learning curve for Cubasiis/CubaseLE/all of it--- I was SO READY
    the beta was just released.... I get a cheap upgrade the day it comes out officially.... for now i am just like already there, the best I can tell...and is it nice!

So I am asking this dumb question, perhaps... BUT I GOTS TO KNOW...
    CAN "STUDIO" PLAY ,WHEN TRIGGERED BY CONTROLLER?
    i believe Not BUT IAM DREAMING AND in case it can be done I DO NOT CARE TO APPEAR IG-NO-RANT----I DO NOT CARE I WANNA KNOW
    YES I KNOW IF I WOULD JUST READ ENOUGH I'D LEARN, AND I SHALL sometime.............
    NOW ( I wonder why it has a "ignore mod wheel" setting, in the "settings" dialog or window/userinterfacethingy
    would someone just tell me no it only plays in response to sheet music...
    or that yes ,actually you can use the midi controller to "play" the "studio" section or GPO

thankyou if you have endured my crazy prose& question session and thanks if your'e a'readin this!

but the"GPO studio" only works as a notation program-triggered application..
    RIGHT?

Re: I hope this is dumb question

I hope I'm understanding the post, but here goes. Studio works with any application that can send midi controller messages out and that recognizes the Studio out ports in the host midi applications configurations. The only problems I've had to date with Cubase and Studio is that Studio wants complete control over the ASIO drivers so Cubase shows an error every so often (device not working or something) but this does not interfere with performance.

Oh, and you should be able to use Studio and a midi controller. The only problem I'd see is that you'd need a host midi application open to route the midi signal to the proper Studio instance. You just need to make sure you have midi thru enabled so that it can send the controller messages it recieves on the the Studio vst host via Studio's out ports in Cubase or Sonar or whatever.

Smile Re: I hope this is dumb question

That is such wonderful news ,and I thought it seemed as if this was the gist I was getting from every reference to/about the studio I heard... this is so fantastic though to be confirmed! i just can hardly imagine how best to start compiling things..again I feel as if my reading must commence in a large way... but thats cool I just strive for the best quality data sources available.

thanks so much Joseph.

Live4 with midi vst support now eminent

All my struggles day in &day out with trying to understand the steinberg cubases and what-not, trying with only marginal success using cubasis vst.....just to get my midi controller to function and trigger GPO so as to record into Live

And try as I have and succeeding on one magical occasion, to use Cubase Le that came with my Aardvark DirectPro2496 soundcard, that occasion has proven to have been unique, I did make a copy of the preset, best I could, actually I went through two "save" operations, having both fail the next day and the next when I keep trying to re-create the conditions where my ,idi controller had been
    re-enabled as if to perform its role to trigger GPO

But everything, NOW THAT LIVE 4 IS EMINENT and I already am using the "Beta" ... and it works.. so everything is all different now... even though i want to continue learning how to use the "other" non-Ableton "routes", for creating my music, it looks as if my former habit of spending all my time using "Live" ,may return to my lifestyle, even as I am also now a GPO user(a very happy one)

I am just grateful for all I do have control, access, and understanding of, as I research the ominous, elusive "heap" of data which I do not.
    Thanks for latitude and understanding and spirit to endeavor to persevere as well as a whole bunch of other "positive-energy-stuff"

Go Back to forum