• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone heard of or use Arturia's Storm?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone heard of or use Arturia's Storm?

Just found this on the web and it looks interesting. I haven't invested in a Pro or Semi-pro sequencer yet. I don't really know if I can justify the cost of Cubase or Sonar, so I'm lookin for alternatives. Has anyone heard of Arturia or have used it. It doesn't seem to lack in anything that I'd need and it is VST compatible and has unlimited audio tracks.

Or how about this, do you guys have something similar that you'd recommend? I'm looking for the best functionality without the Mercede's price tag. Or am I dreaming?

Re: Anyone heard of or use Arturia's Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    ... Or how about this, do you guys have something similar that you'd recommend? I'm looking for the best functionality without the Mercede's price tag. Or am I dreaming?
    Have you considered the lower-end versions of either Cubase or Sonar (Home Studio)? Both are around the same price and seem to offer a bit more overall.

Granted, I'm not familiar with Storm, but from what I've read on their homepage, it would seem you'd get more bang for the buck with either Cubase or Cakewalk, not to mention an upgrade path when you need more features.

R.
    ==

I've got a lite version of it. It's more of a pattern type sequencer. It's ok for people who don't work with notation, but Home Studio would be the better value.

I have home studio 2004XL. It's a bit of a pain to work with. Cubase Se seems to be quite user friendly. PM me ASAP.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy
    I've got a lite version of it. It's more of a pattern type sequencer. It's ok for people who don't work with notation, but Home Studio would be the better value.
    Kitekrazy is right. I have a friend who writes a lot of pop techno and this is one of his tools. Its more in the vein of Reason, Fruity loops etc, not really a midi/sequencer per se. It does seem to offer a variety of libraries. It's just one kind of pattern tool.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Parham

For $80, Tracktion seems like a great lower end sequencer (audio and MIDI), and GPO (and other VSTi) works very well with it.

Yeah, right now it's a toss-up for me whether to get Tracktion for $80 or Cubase SE for $99. I actually prefer working with Tracktion, but Cubase SE has a video window, which makes it more attractive at the moment. Then again, the next version of Tracktion is supposed to be out soon, and may have video support, so...
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Shaz,
    www.audioMidi.com - Cubases Se $95. Best part it is upgradeable to SX or SL. But not S&M!
    Styxx

Thanks, Mike, but that includes how much shipping? Guitar Center has Cubase SE for $99 right now. Of course, that would include tax, so... Eh, I'm still leaning towards Tracktion right now, but finding it hard to take a plunge either way.

Cubase S&M. Ha! According to some folks at the Cubase forums, that's exactly what it's like.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

At Audiomidi.com all US shipping is free for all orders (that is shipping via UPS ground.)

Go Back to forum