• Register
  • Help

Topic: I was asked...

Share/Bookmark

Talking I was asked...

"What's so personal about that orchestra?" Really, I was wearing my GPO shirt and was asked several times by a couple of teachers. The best one was, "Who is Garrison?" < note the spelling. I mean, its written in BLACK and White! Funny.

Note, these are very stressed out teachers.

I thought I would share this somewhat funny moment with you....
    Styxx

Re: I was asked...

Best one I got was, "What a loser!" Funny thing was, I wasn't even wearing my GPO shirt so I guess that doesn't apply.

Mr. Burrell - you never cease to crack me up...

Styxx - were these other music teachers honestly interested or was it like, the PE 'teacher'?
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    Mr. Burrell - you never cease to crack me up...

Styxx - were these other music teachers honestly interested or was it like, the PE 'teacher'?
    Like, the PE teacher and the assistant principle (who is new this year). I explained to them what GPO is all about. They look at me as if I have two heads and say, "Oh, that's nice." Then promptly walk away.
    I forgot to mention the music teacher did ask if it was an off shot of the Buffalo Philharmonic.
    I also remind them that the class change music is mostly GPO composers now. "Oh...really?)
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    ..."Oh, that's nice." Then promptly walk away...
    HAHA! Yeah, it's hard to explain accurately what it is we do... when family and friends ask me what's new, I want to tell them about the future add-ons for GPO , my bass lib, about convolution, physical modeling, GIGA 3 and HAL 3 and Kontakt 2 - and they just stare as if you just learned Greek or something - very frustrating...

But I guess we can chill here and smile with each other... hehe

20 Things

How did you get a GPO T-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by nelahnav
    How did you get a GPO T-shirt?
    Gary and I had a couple printed up to give out as contest prizes... hang out here long enough, you will see opportunities to win one (plus usually, a GOS Lite is included)...

20 Things

GOS lite - Less filling, only half the string section and lower in clarinehydrates as its full bodied brother GOS! Try it today! We're sure you'll find it as rich and rewarding in good taste as the leading GOS. Each T-shirt comes with it's own conductor ready to take on any musical task presented to you! So, why not try GOS lite, the less filling orchestral library from the makers or Garritan Personal Orchestra.
    (The society of synthetic percussionist and crazy people of west sinusca n.y didn't pay for this fictional infomercial. All connections with the Garritan Personal Orchestra is merely a coincidence and should be considered no joke. In other words…Just Kidding!)

The Man's Nuts....Grab 'em!
    Styxx

You guys are awesome. I'm sure you already know, but it's worth mentioning.

Go Back to forum