• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bought Kontakt 1.5, received old copy

Share/Bookmark

Bought Kontakt 1.5, received old copy

Well, I had my local store order kontakt for me and much to my surprise, when I tried to install it, it keeps launching OS9 (classic) and it\'s pretty clear there\'s not an OSX version on my install CDs. So I get on NI.com to find a solution, and apparently I\'ve got to pay an upgrade fee. I can understand this had I bought Kontakt BEFORE version 1.5 was released, but after? Anybody have any information about this?

J-

Re: Bought Kontakt 1.5, received old copy

J. Seems like you bought and old copy theat your store still had lying around. I would a) try bringing it back and get a rebate so i could order the new(1.5 )version directly from NI`s store. or b)since u just bought it u can upgrade to 1.5 for free by sending NI your Proof of purchase,serials etc..though sometimes this is a hassle..Hopfully u dont need to use Kontakt soon,..Either way go to the NI store and get it straightend out..Hope this helps..Rich

Thanks Rich, it doesn\'t look like there\'s anything I can do until NI gets back from Thanksgiving. The confusion is because I actually had the store order Kontakt for me, and I guess NI sent them the old copy. I told them 2 weeks ago to order, they called this week and said it\'s in, and when I got ready to install it, no v. 1.5.

Worst case I\'ll have to pay another $19 to get NI to ship me the upgrade. I think it\'s stupid but if that\'s what I have to do then I guess that\'s what I have to do. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

J-

U shouldn`t have to pay for the upgrade,its actually free if u bought Kontakt after august 29th i believe..Just call them or email. There good for that stuff .sometimes it takes a bit though..Rich

> get NI to ship me the upgrade

???
    Why aren\'t you just downloading it?

Originally posted by Bill:

???
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I would very much like to just download it, but I can\'t just download it. On the NI site it costs $29 to download it. I might be able to get a free download but I have to actually be able to talk to someone - which I haven\'t been able to do. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

J-

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Bill:

???
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I would very much like to just download it, but I can\'t just download it. On the NI site it costs $29 to download it. I might be able to get a free download but I have to actually be able to talk to someone - which I haven\'t been able to do. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

J-
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You just need to show proof of purchase. I took a picture of my CD\'s, license and the receipt. Mailed it in. Within 24hrs I had a link to 1.5 and a license number. You can also fax the stuff.

Hakan

Yes, I\'m going to try this on Monday, but the offices have been closed for the last several days for Thanksgiving [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    Yes, I\'m going to try this on Monday, but the offices have been closed for the last several days for Thanksgiving [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">- Do they celebrate Thanksgiving in Germany? I thought that was a strange custom for the people of US of A.... anyway: You\'r well inside the grace period, so the update should be free to you, if you\'ve kept your receipt. If they\'re slow to reply, it\'s probably \'cause NI support is really slow these days - not necesseraly Thanksgiving.

Go Back to forum